The Student Room Group

Child of migrant worker student finanace application process

Hi, so I am applying as a child of a migrant worker and I have registered online on the student finance website. Can I apply online or do I need to print out the PN1 form and post it? Thanks
Original post by Ravgog
Hi, so I am applying as a child of a migrant worker and I have registered online on the student finance website. Can I apply online or do I need to print out the PN1 form and post it? Thanks

Hello,

If you’re under 21 years of age and are looking to apply for a full time undergraduate course starting after August 2019, then you’ll need to apply on a paper form.

You’d use the same Customer Reference Number (CRN) that you were given when registering online on the form itself. The PN1 2019/20 form can be downloaded from here - http://ow.ly/8aJ630nPk61

You’ll also need to send some original identity (ID) such as a passport or EU identity card.

If both of your parents are working and are EEA nationals, you’ll need to chose one and send their original ID as well.

Then we’ll need the following photocopied documents from the chosen parent:

- A photocopy of your birth certificate naming your parent
- A copy of your parent’s contract of employment this needs to confirm their start date, contracted hours per week, hourly rate of pay, whether the contract is permanent, fixed term or temporary and must be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or their Manager (we may verify the employment status with their employer)
- Your parent’s last 3 months payslips (if available)
- Your parent’s most recent P60 (if available)

Please send to the following address:

EU and Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Warm Regards, Dean.
Reply 2
Hello,
I applied last year for student finance as child of migrant worker using the paper PN1 form. I want to apply again for the same, which form should I use or can I apply online?
Thank you
Reply 3
And also what evidence do I need to send?
Thanks
Original post by Ravgog
Hello,
I applied last year for student finance as child of migrant worker using the paper PN1 form. I want to apply again for the same, which form should I use or can I apply online?
Thank you

Hello,

You'll be pleased to know you can apply online as a returning student.

No evidence is required at the application stage, this is provisionally approved following finalisation of term 3 in the previous AY.

We will then request evidence of continued employment, which can be one of the following:

A payslip showing at least one week of work completed in September
A letter from your parent's employer dated on or after 1st September confirming continued employment

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 5
Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending