The Student Room Group

student finance

Hi there,
I am having problems with my student finance application. I am European and I have been living in the UK for 3.5 years. At the start of my course it'll be 4 years. I found out that I cannot apply for maintenance loan for this reason. However, my dad would turn 5 years living in the UK in February 2020. Can I still apply even if personally I haven't been here for 5 years?
Thank you in advance
Hi,

As the student you must be resident in the UK for 5 years prior to the first days of the first academic year of your course. Do you intend to work throughout your studies in the UK?

Thanks,
Erin K
Original post by itsme00
Hi there,
I am having problems with my student finance application. I am European and I have been living in the UK for 3.5 years. At the start of my course it'll be 4 years. I found out that I cannot apply for maintenance loan for this reason. However, my dad would turn 5 years living in the UK in February 2020. Can I still apply even if personally I haven't been here for 5 years?
Thank you in advance
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for answering. Yes I intend to work during my studies to help with my finance
Original post by SFE Erin
Hi,

As the student you must be resident in the UK for 5 years prior to the first days of the first academic year of your course. Do you intend to work throughout your studies in the UK?

Thanks,
Erin K
Original post by itsme00
Hi, thanks for answering. Yes I intend to work during my studies to help with my finance

Hi there,

You could be entitled to the Maintenance Loan due to being a Migrant Worker. You would need to complete the PN1 form - http://ow.ly/8aJ630nPk61 and send it with the following evidence:

-Your original EU Passport or EU ID card
-Last 3 months payslips (if available)
-Most recent P60 (if available)
-A copy of your contract of employment; this needs to confirm the start date, contracted hours per week, hourly rate of pay, whether the contract is permanent, fixed term or temporary and must be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or the Manager.

You will need to continue to work throughout your studies in order to remain eligible for the Maintenance Loan, we will request evidence throughout the academic year to confirm this.

Thanks, Ashley.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending