The Student Room Group

MSc in UoM conditional offer

Hello Everyone !

My Name is Yousif. I am an international student currently studying at University of Liverpool BEng Mechanical Engineering and I am graduating this year. I am planning to continue my postgraduate studies, therefore I applied to University of Manchester to study Msc Mechanical Engineering Design and it is my top choice.

I have sent a transcript of my previous years marks for application process. Thus, I received a conditional offer with two requirements.
1) acheiving (2.1)
2) two reference letters.

I have submitted 2 reference letters (one from my project supervisor + from a company which I attended for a training design course during previous summer vacations) and extra training course certificates.

My supervisor mentioned in the reference letter that my predicted mark will be a (2.1), however I think that its a bit difficult to fulfil this requirement and it may be a (2.2) due to some cicumstances. The question is will they still accept me or reject me?? Or provide me an alternative course ? I am highly concerned about getting rejected .

Regards,
Yousif.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by psyalaal
Hello Everyone !

My Name is Yousif. I am an international student currently studying at University of Liverpool BEng Mechanical Engineering and I am graduating this year. I am planning to continue my postgraduate studies, therefore I applied to University of Manchester to study Msc Mechanical Engineering Design and it is my top choice.

I have sent a transcript of my previous years marks for application process. Thus, I received a conditional offer with two requirements.
1) acheiving (2.1)
2) two reference letters.

I have submitted 2 reference letters (one from my project supervisor + from a company which I attended for a training design course during previous summer vacations) and extra training course certificates.

My supervisor mentioned in the reference letter that my predicted mark will be a (2.1), however I think that its a bit difficult to fulfil this requirement and it may be a (2.2) due to some cicumstances. The question is will they still accept me or reject me?? Or provide me an alternative course ? I am highly concerned about getting rejected .

Regards,
Yousif.

You need to ask them this. No one on tsr can answer for them. They might be flexible but it’s their choice
I think you're likely to get an offer

Quick Reply