The Student Room Group

Official transcript does not show final grade (MPhil applicants from UBC?)

Hello,

I recently posted my final transcript from the University of British Columbia, Canada to meet my final condition for MPhil in Real Estate Finance.

I notice that on the Offer and Conditions booklet, it states the transcript must include a final grade/GPA/average.

However, for some reason, my school chooses not to include a calculation of final grade/average on the transcript. Rather, it lists each course, the grade awarded, the class average of that course, and the credit value of the course. The final grade/average is calculated as a weighted average of credit values and grades received.

My course does not require a First class degree, which means I should need at least a 78% average from my bachelor's degree. The lowest grade on my transcript is 78%... The remaining grades are all well above 80%; so it should be clear from simple inspection that I meet this condition.

However, I still worry that this is insufficient, that they need a physical statement of my final grade/average. I don't think it's possible for me to include it on the official transcript, so what could I do in this case? I already made an enquiry through Cambridge's website but will not expect a response anytime soon and was wondering if anyone here had similar experiences.

Thank you
Reply 1
Never mind, turned out to be a non-issue! I have now all my conditions complete!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending