The Student Room Group

What are the best things about working part-time?

Whether you work part-time now, or have in the past, what do you consider to be the best things about working part-time, and why? :work:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
that means u get to have time afterwards to spend time with family and friends
Not being at work as often..
Original post by Kim~Shawn Mendes
that means u get to have time afterwards to spend time with family and friends

Definitely something I miss with a full-time job!
Still having a feeling of pride from working without doing a full week's worth, plus people admiring me for being exceptionally busy with both work and education. :smile:
I can be a lady that lunches for part of the week :h:
I work as a steward , work at concerts/pl and cl football/ Cricket World cup / Rugby/Wimbledon/Golf so yeah all sorts lol! It's fun as I get to watch the match alongside the crowd :lol:
Original post by Unexpectedly
Still having a feeling of pride from working without doing a full week's worth, plus people admiring me for being exceptionally busy with both work and education. :smile:

Same here
I work part time, though I do so because my job pays basically a full time wage when I'm only doing half the hours. The obvious benefit is having more free time, with which you can either earn more money or have more leisure or chill time. The other benefit is that you don't feel like you're spending the majority your life at your work place.
Flexible hours, so I can do basically what I want. Especially the pay and a half on weekends or similar for nights or when there was no other supervisor on shift. :tongue:
Original post by Themysticalegg
Flexible hours, so I can do basically what I want. Especially the pay and a half on weekends or similar for nights or when there was no other supervisor on shift. :tongue:

Can't get as flexible as mine! Surely not aha
Have to do min 1 shift every 3 months :tongue:
Not as flexible as I assume a zero hour contract? :tongue: The job I am currently doing is a contractor one which is even more flexible than the one I describe. I work for the company if I feel like it on a day rate which is quite cool.
Original post by Pepsey
Can't get as flexible as mine! Surely not aha
Have to do min 1 shift every 3 months :tongue:
Not as flexible as I assume a zero hour contract? :tongue: The job I am currently doing is a contractor one which is even more flexible than the one I describe. I work for the company if I feel like it on a day rate which is quite cool.

Haha yuppp you can consider it that way and I see!
Original post by harrysbar
I can be a lady that lunches for part of the week :h:

I am not sure what that means? :colondollar:
I think Lady Harry works in the morning but finishes early enough to have lunch over a cup of Earl Grey watching the TV. Prove me wrong @harrysbar :tongue:
Original post by shadowdweller
I am not sure what that means? :colondollar:
I think Lady Harry works in the morning but finishes early enough to have lunch over a cup of Earl Grey watching the TV. Prove me wrong @harrysbar :tongue:

Ohhhhh! That sounds like a pretty sweet time then :tongue:

You're wrong mystic! What I meant was that I only work 3 days a week so the other days I am free to meet friends for lunch

Ladies that lunch is a thing :h: I suppose it's a bit sexist but I must admit there are more women than men meeting for lunch at the places I go to....more women work part time, I suppose
I'm... I'm wrong! :cry2: :cry2: :cry: Still 3 days a week and lunch with the gals seems absolutely riveting. :tongue:
Original post by harrysbar
You're wrong mystic! What I meant was that I only work 3 days a week so the other days I am free to meet friends for lunch

Ladies that lunch is a thing :h: I suppose it's a bit sexist but I must admit there are more women than men meeting for lunch at the places I go to....more women work part time, I suppose
I'm... I'm wrong! :cry2: :cry2: :cry: Still 3 days a week and lunch with the gals seems absolutely riveting. :tongue:

It's something to aim for, Egg :h:
Original post by shadowdweller
Whether you work part-time now, or have in the past, what do you consider to be the best things about working part-time, and why? :work:

I would say the getting to know new people primarily, but also getting an idea of what your skills are (and what your limitations are). It helps you think more clearly about how what would like to spend your life doing professionally. The money's not bad either. Nights out feel better knowing you've earned them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending