The Student Room Group

Retake A-level or go to uni who's offered me unconditional?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Failed due to nerves. I was already so nervous before the exam, and then my mind went completely blank half way through the paper. Left a whole section out cz I panicked & ultimately ran out of time 😔 If I have my nerves under control I feel like I can perform well however idk how to since I’ve been like this since GCSEs (tho I got some pretty good grades at GCSE) Tho A levels are completely different. I can go to my firm choice as I’ve already met the requirements & I’m happy with going to my firm. It’s just the bad grade that I’m worried will affect me in the future

Not enough exam prep.

If the firm is what you want then go.

Whether or not you retake next year is up to you, but for now chill and wind down, the decision can wait. It takes some time and effort to keep things ticking over, but you will know more when youve thought on it and been at uni. You have till Jan 2020 to get your fee in at normal price and by that time you will have uni experience and probably decide you cba.
same man got **** a levels and i'm at a good uni doing biomedical engineering its not a big deal. although u might struggle sometimes cuz u don't know a topic properly i'm currently retaking my a level maths this year (u have the least work load in ur first year so id recommend u retake 1 a level then). employers don't really care about the subjects to much just make sure u have one solid subject with an A or B (thus the maths) then i plan on doing 1 Micky mouse a level like a language ur really good at guaranteed A or B and ur good for employment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending