The Student Room Group

How to fix my social life?

My social life is actually shambolic, but I’ve decided I’m going to change things.

One problem.. I feel like it’s way easier to organise things through group chats, but I’m in 0 group chats with my ‘friends’ (from sixth form). In the past a few times whenever I bring it up they always say “it’s for the original group”. (Basically I joined the school for sixth form and my friends have already known each since high school) so that’s made it harder for me to fit in a lot.

Idk I could try organise something’s with uni friends but I’m not really close to anyone. I’m just sick of being stuck at home or the gym while everyone’s out on holidays with their friendship groups. I haven’t had a friendship group and even since year 11 (when I left high school to go somewhere else for sixth form) I’ve struggled :frown:.

Even at uni my housemates for next year are all really close with each other and there an actual group and I’m pretty much an outsider who’s friends with them if that makes sense.

Feels bad man
Reply 1
Also saying it’s for the original group is such a *****y thing to do. I hate when people do **** like that. It doesn’t ducking cost you anything to let someone feel like they’re included.

FOR ****S SAKE. This **** even happened in uni when my own block mates said “our group chat is bottom floor only). Holy ducking **** I am just to staircases away

(Needed to vent)
Reply 2
Bump
I mean, no one is obligated to like you. Instead of forcing it to happen, have you tried letting it happen naturally? What are you doing that makes people want to be friends with you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending