The Student Room Group

Cheating in the begining of the relationship while girlfriend is away

Hello.
There is this guy I've known for a while. I always liked him but only recently we started dating, he's 31 yo and he's never been in a serious relationship, he says because he's scared of committement. Anyways, we been on and off for a while ( which was not a pleasnt ride for me) but bout a month ago he said he wanted to commit to me ( since I made it clear that it's what I want ), i agreed but we couldnt see eachother since I'm out of the country till the end of the summer, so we just talk via facetime or texting.
In the last few days he's been acting weird and distant. when I asked him why he said that he's weak and he missed me and couldnt handle well the distance so he called over a girl and spent the night with her a few days ago. I got very mad and it hurt me big time. I ended it with him but I'm wondering If I did the right choice.
I would love to hear your opinion on the subject
Reply 1
Yes you did the right thing. Cheating is unforgivable, if he cheats once what stops him from cheating again? You getting out of that relationship that quick was a good move because if you stayed with him wouldn't you second guess everything? You wouldn't trust him and wouldn't feel comfortable with him around other women when you are not there. Yes he admitted to it and may feel guilty but don't care about that, all you should care about is the fact that he did something that he knew would hurt you and went through with it, knowing full well that that can break a person. All I can say is screw him and you honestly deserve much better.
Hun y deserve better
He was unreliable and a complete headache to begin with and then he cheated on you. I would never talk to him again. Scared of commitment is a euphemism for manwhore.
If he couldn't commit to you for even a month then it was never going to last.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello.
There is this guy I've known for a while. I always liked him but only recently we started dating, he's 31 yo and he's never been in a serious relationship, he says because he's scared of committement. Anyways, we been on and off for a while ( which was not a pleasnt ride for me) but bout a month ago he said he wanted to commit to me ( since I made it clear that it's what I want ), i agreed but we couldnt see eachother since I'm out of the country till the end of the summer, so we just talk via facetime or texting.
In the last few days he's been acting weird and distant. when I asked him why he said that he's weak and he missed me and couldnt handle well the distance so he called over a girl and spent the night with her a few days ago. I got very mad and it hurt me big time. I ended it with him but I'm wondering If I did the right choice.
I would love to hear your opinion on the subject

Yes you did the right thing.
Yes, you did the right thing 100%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending