The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan - EU student with migrant worker parents

Hello! I've been researching on the topic of funding for EU students for the last couple of weeks and found myself stuck. I want to apply for an undergraduate degree and start my course in 2020; I am aware that as a EU student, I'll only be able to receive the Tuition Fee Loan as I'll only have 4 years by the start of my course.
However, I've stumbled across several articles from UCAS saying that if I have a family member (EEA national) that has worked in the UK for the last 3 years and will continue to work for the length of my course, I should be able to apply for a Maintenance Loan. Both of my parents and siblings have been here working for 4 years.
Any ideas on what I should do?
Original post by carmsjpeg
Hello! I've been researching on the topic of funding for EU students for the last couple of weeks and found myself stuck. I want to apply for an undergraduate degree and start my course in 2020; I am aware that as a EU student, I'll only be able to receive the Tuition Fee Loan as I'll only have 4 years by the start of my course.
However, I've stumbled across several articles from UCAS saying that if I have a family member (EEA national) that has worked in the UK for the last 3 years and will continue to work for the length of my course, I should be able to apply for a Maintenance Loan. Both of my parents and siblings have been here working for 4 years.
Any ideas on what I should do?

Hi, we are currently unable to advise specifically on the eligibility for 2020 as the regulations and the eligibility has not been set for that academic year yet but currently if someone was applying as a child of a migrant worker, they would need to send the PN1 (home students application) along with the following evidence:

- Original Passport or National ID card and parents will need to send theirs.
- Copy of your parents contract of employment and a letter from your parents employer confirming that the contract accurately represents the hours and terms on which your parents work.
- Your parent’s last 3 months payslips (if available)
- Your parents most recent P60 (if available)
-Birth certificate to confirm link to parent.

Thanks, Aaron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending