The Student Room Group

Are my friends really my best friends?

So, I've been friends with these girls for about 2 years.Really close friends that I met late in high school.
Let's name them Emma and Mia.The first thing is that I don't feel that I recieve the same amount of attention and kindness that I give.I am in no way trying to make everything revolve around me but feeling excluded in a friendship of three people is not the best feeling in the world.
For example, when it was Emma' birthday, me and Mia spend all day looking for the perfect gift for Emma and then made another hand made gift, filled with letters written by us.Then, for Mia's birthday , me and Emma did something simmilar, hand made gift to remind her of our friendship.Then, when it was my birthday I didn't recieve anything, not a single thing from them.I took them out on a dinner(btw they asked me before if I would pay for them, which of course was my plan) and they just wished me happy birthday.
Next thing that bothers me is: Emma got a boyfriend and of course Mia and me wanted to meet him.Emma explained to us how it was too soon(it was the beginning of their relationship) and we accepted it with no complaints.But now, they've been together for six months and I still haven't met him in person while Mia went out with them a couple of times.When I found out about it, I asked them why wouldn't they invite me and their answer was that their meetings weren't planned and it was just a coincidence that they met and went out on a drink.I am starting to think that Emma doesn't want me to meet her boyfriend, but I don't know why.
What do you think? Am I reasonable or just overthinking things?
It was rude of them to not get you gift when they even attended your birthday dinner, but I'd say you're definitely over-thinking the boyfriend thing.
the birthday thing was a warning sign so cut them off quicklyyy. but if u have no one else to go to then just stay, be a spy and find out why they acted like that
I would probably let them know that you are feeling like this, I know what its like to be in a friendship group of 3 and I know that 2 of the friends are always closer than to the third. I was going through a similar thing, and I decided to become friends with others and become less close to my trio.
It does seem like they are leaving them out, if I were you I would talk to them first and then decide on whether or not I should start making new friends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending