The Student Room Group

Entry Requirements

I am planning on applying to study marine biology at stirling, the entry requirements for the course are AABB at scottish Higher level. I recieved ABBBB in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, maths and English. AABB adds up to 120 UCAS Points, but ABBBB adds up to 141 UCAS points. What matters more to universities, Grades or UCAS points
depends on the university usually grades unless they make an offer based on ucas points
I'd say the grades matter more. Even though ABBBB is more points than AABB you are still one A grade short. The university may still consider ABBBB as being equal to AABB but you may get a conditional offer where you will need to get another A in a higher. Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by turtle.8
I'd say the grades matter more. Even though ABBBB is more points than AABB you are still one A grade short. The university may still consider ABBBB as being equal to AABB but you may get a conditional offer where you will need to get another A in a higher. Hope this helps! :smile:

yes, this helps a lot, Thank You!
Original post by conor.mckeon
I am planning on applying to study marine biology at stirling, the entry requirements for the course are AABB at scottish Higher level. I recieved ABBBB in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, maths and English. AABB adds up to 120 UCAS Points, but ABBBB adds up to 141 UCAS points. What matters more to universities, Grades or UCAS points

Usually the grades will matter more, but some unis will take into account that you've taken 5 exams instead of 4.

You can improve your chances of getting into uni by improving your grades next year though if you're doing advanced highers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending