Entry Requirements Watch

conor.mckeon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I am planning on applying to study marine biology at stirling, the entry requirements for the course are AABB at scottish Higher level. I recieved ABBBB in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, maths and English. AABB adds up to 120 UCAS Points, but ABBBB adds up to 141 UCAS points. What matters more to universities, Grades or UCAS points
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
depends on the university usually grades unless they make an offer based on ucas points
turtle.8
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'd say the grades matter more. Even though ABBBB is more points than AABB you are still one A grade short. The university may still consider ABBBB as being equal to AABB but you may get a conditional offer where you will need to get another A in a higher. Hope this helps!
conor.mckeon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by turtle.8)
I'd say the grades matter more. Even though ABBBB is more points than AABB you are still one A grade short. The university may still consider ABBBB as being equal to AABB but you may get a conditional offer where you will need to get another A in a higher. Hope this helps!
yes, this helps a lot, Thank You!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by conor.mckeon)
I am planning on applying to study marine biology at stirling, the entry requirements for the course are AABB at scottish Higher level. I recieved ABBBB in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, maths and English. AABB adds up to 120 UCAS Points, but ABBBB adds up to 141 UCAS points. What matters more to universities, Grades or UCAS points
Usually the grades will matter more, but some unis will take into account that you've taken 5 exams instead of 4.

You can improve your chances of getting into uni by improving your grades next year though if you're doing advanced highers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (137)
13.5%
Excited (93)
9.16%
Worried (190)
18.72%
Terrified (230)
22.66%
Meh (78)
7.68%
Confused (28)
2.76%