The Student Room Group

Meeting someone who messaged me through Instagram

I’m 16 although in year 12 and I’m the youngest in my year even though I’m mature. Recently this guy messaged me on Instagram and we get along really well and he wants to meet up. He knows im in college and hasn’t asked my age meaning I don’t know his either. We’re planning on meeting up soon and I’m scared he’ll be a lot older, I know he’s been to uni. My main worry is that he’ll care a lot about my age but I think if it would bother him he would’ve asked by now. Anyway I’m super nervous to meet him, what should I do?
Original post by angelcakes17
I’m 16 although in year 12 and I’m the youngest in my year even though I’m mature. Recently this guy messaged me on Instagram and we get along really well and he wants to meet up. He knows im in college and hasn’t asked my age meaning I don’t know his either. We’re planning on meeting up soon and I’m scared he’ll be a lot older, I know he’s been to uni. My main worry is that he’ll care a lot about my age but I think if it would bother him he would’ve asked by now. Anyway I’m super nervous to meet him, what should I do?

Would you want to date someone who is 22 or something? How long ago did he leave uni?

I would've asked his age by now

When I was 16 my maximum age would've been 19 or something like that.

At Uni he could be 18, he could be 23.

Just ask him then once you both know, you can make a decision...

I’d ask him his age before anything else. If he’s 18, cool. But if he’s like 25, that may be something you’re not comfortable with so definitely find out sooner rather than later.

find out how old he his before you meet up with him.. 100%.

he knows you go college and probably knows the age in which ppl go to college are. So he maybe older and doesnt want to ask you to confirm your age as it may be inappropriate ... anyways defo ask him before you meet up. its normal to want to know how old someone your speaking to is. its better to ask him now so its on your phone and if he has lied, you have evidence that he has lied .

Omg, age is the first thing you should ask about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending