The Student Room Group

Applying for previous maintenance loan

Hi,
I was looking on my application page and my application for 2018/19 was still open, as was my 2019/20 application. I have already applied for maintenance loan for 2019/20 and have just received my first installment, however I needed some extra money so i went back to my application for last year and applied for a loan from the year just gone. The loan was approved and i even have a letter from SFE confirming this, however the scheduled date for the payment, 26th Sept, has gone and I haven't received anything, it still says awaiting confirmation, even though i've received my first lot for this new year.
I was wondering if this has happened to anybody else, amd whether this maintenance application actually went through and I will receive the payments soon? Or because it was for last year am I not going to be given the loan as that year has finished?

Many thanks, Kieran.
Original post by kieran7moore
Hi,
I was looking on my application page and my application for 2018/19 was still open, as was my 2019/20 application. I have already applied for maintenance loan for 2019/20 and have just received my first installment, however I needed some extra money so i went back to my application for last year and applied for a loan from the year just gone. The loan was approved and i even have a letter from SFE confirming this, however the scheduled date for the payment, 26th Sept, has gone and I haven't received anything, it still says awaiting confirmation, even though i've received my first lot for this new year.
I was wondering if this has happened to anybody else, amd whether this maintenance application actually went through and I will receive the payments soon? Or because it was for last year am I not going to be given the loan as that year has finished?

Many thanks, Kieran.

Hi Kieran,

If your payment is awaiting confirmation then we haven't had Confirmation of Registration come through from your university.

Thanks,
Nihad
Hi Nihad.

My biggest concern was whether or not I would actually get the loan as I have applied for the loan last year, this year?

Kieran.

Original post by SFE Nihad
Hi Kieran,

If your payment is awaiting confirmation then we haven't had Confirmation of Registration come through from your university.

Thanks,
Nihad
Original post by kieran7moore
Hi Nihad.

My biggest concern was whether or not I would actually get the loan as I have applied for the loan last year, this year?

Kieran.

Hi,

If your application is approved and payment is scheduled for 18/19 then yes, you're eligible. You'll need to ask your university to send confirmation for 18/19.

Thanks, Chanel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending