The Student Room Group

No friends

I am 17 years old and I have been doing an apprenticeship for over 1 year now. I am in my 2nd year. I feel like I have lost all my friends because they have all gone of to either colleges or stayed in sixth form and have moved on and gotten closer to other people. I feel left out and want to be involved and I've drifted apart from my 'best friends' as they have moved on and met other people my age and I try ask to be included but they don't seem keen. I however am in a working environment all the time with adults and it isn't the same. The person closest in age is 9 years older then me and has 2 kids. I feel left out and isolated and upset most nights when I'm led in my bed looking at all my old friends having fun etc... Please help me
i have a friend who does what you're doing but she comes visits our sixthform from time to time, we go out to eat after school; if we go out in a weekend, she joins in; is there no way you can join in?? we always talk about her; even though she isnt in the school anymore. everyone remembers her and we included her in secret santa this year too.
im not sayin you have to do all that and i know its hard to talk to people you think your drifting from, but try using social media to talk, you dont have to always see them. idk how you were in sixthform but my friendship group had 7 people and we all are lowkey seperated but a group of us are together in sixthform but we love and miss our friends very much, especially the one that moved back to italy, but even she is still friends with us by social media and visiting us in december
(edited 4 years ago)
if you cant make any friends in real life, around your job surrounding, i say try online, i have alot of online friends, who regularly make me feel special, as we share a common interest , its easy to talk :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by shreya kc
i have a friend who does what you're doing but she comes visits our sixthform from time to time, we go out to eat after school; if we go out in a weekend, she joins in; is there no way you can join in?? we always talk about her; even though she isnt in the school anymore. everyone remembers her and we included her in secret santa this year too.
im not sayin you have to do all that and i know its hard to talk to people you think your drifting from, but try using social media to talk, you dont have to always see them. idk how you were in sixthform but my friendship group had 7 people and we all are lowkey seperated but a group of us are together in sixthform but we love and miss our friends very much, especially the one that moved back to italy, but even she is still friends with us by social media and visiting us in december

I thought it could be like that too but it's not. My closest friend at school does spend time with me occasionally but it's seperate and I feel like it's only when everyone else is busy. We have lost our ease of being with each. I'm really trying to hold onto it but I feel like it's only me making the effort
i’ve been in the same situation :frown: my advice is too just have no shame almost as things can’t get much worse. Ask when they’re free and organise stuff and don’t give up- if they say they’re going to another thing ask if you could be invited as a plus one or tag along. Maybe try getting a part time job at a place where other teenagers work if you have the time
Reply 5
Original post by shreya kc
if you cant make any friends in real life, around your job surrounding, i say try online, i have alot of online friends, who regularly make me feel special, as we share a common interest , its easy to talk :smile:

Thank you. I just don't want to bug anyone and yes I know I overthink and I know I need to get over myself but it's hard. Over social media will be easier but I don't even know where to start
Reply 6
Original post by sienna0305
i’ve been in the same situation :frown: my advice is too just have no shame almost as things can’t get much worse. Ask when they’re free and organise stuff and don’t give up- if they say they’re going to another thing ask if you could be invited as a plus one or tag along. Maybe try getting a part time job at a place where other teenagers work if you have the time

At this point I just feel regret that I didn't go to sixth form. I might try get another job but I know It's going to be hard for me. I've started doubting why no one seems to want me around anymore.
Hi

Feel free to pm me if you ever need, want to have a chat :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending