(Original post by ecolier)
I enjoy being on TSR :cheers: a relationship status by itself
So am i
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Being in a relationship is really good but the lack of responsibility/effort in being single is also really appealing
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Both can be good depending on what kind of stage in your life you're. I sometimes see people who wanna rush to get into a relationship as soon as their previous one ends because they can't bear being alone. That's as bad as being perpetually single imo. You need to learn to be comfortable with yourself just as much as you need to learn how to coexist with someone else.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It varies.

I prefer being single when there's no one I actively want to date or I'm in a relationship that's not going well. I prefer being in a relationship when there is someone I want to be with and things are going smoothly.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Being in a relationship is really good but the lack of responsibility/effort in being single is also really appealing
That's good point
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
being in one
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
Both can be good depending on what kind of stage in your life you're. I sometimes see people who wanna rush to get into a relationship as soon as their previous one ends because they can't bear being alone. That's as bad as being perpetually single imo. You need to learn to be comfortable with yourself just as much as you need to learn how to coexist with someone else.
If you're being told to choose being single and being in relationship? what would you choose and why?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
It varies.

I prefer being single when there's no one I actively want to date or I'm in a relationship that's not going well. I prefer being in a relationship when there is someone I want to be with and things are going smoothly.
If you're being told to choose being single and being in relationship? what would you choose and why?
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I still don't feel ready to commit to a relationship atm, I enjoy my freedom and not having to answer to anybody and put loads of effort into them.
knightandday
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Vote
Depends on the relationship. Depends on the situation whilst being single.

Could easily be in a relationship and miserable OR single and surrounded by good friends and family. And amazing relationship OR single and isolated
Anonymous #1
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
I still don't feel ready to commit to a relationship atm, I enjoy my freedom and not having to answer to anybody and put loads of effort into them.
Sense of freedom. I like that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by IH8Studying)
being in one
which one?
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
which one?
in a relationship.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by IH8Studying)
in a relationship.
Got it. ✊
Anonymous #1
(Original post by knightandday)
Depends on the relationship. Depends on the situation whilst being single.

Could easily be in a relationship and miserable OR single and surrounded by good friends and family. And amazing relationship OR single and isolated
Ok what if you're being told to choose being single or in relationship, what would you choose and why?
Paypurr
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve never been in a relationship lol.

But I do think I may have to start putting myself out there because being lonely in the evenings suck. I’m used to it when I’m working but in the evening I’m usually with family, but now I’m by myself
Last edited by Paypurr; 3 weeks ago
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sometimes it feels good, but at times I think I must be unattractive asf to not get a guy.
knightandday
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok what if you're being told to choose being single or in relationship, what would you choose and why?
Relationship...no single... i cant answer lol. depends on the person. I ve been miserable in both haha. But if i had to pick, single and miserable. At least I can be selfish and miserable
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (243)
54%
18-20 years old (no) (57)
12.67%
20-25 years old (yes) (74)
16.44%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.33%