The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yep, a guy I like, I was seeing him, not anymore because he was a bit of a tool and in the end we wanted different things.
I could go back there again if I wanted to, but I know if I did my parents family friends etc would just lose all their respect for me, lecture me, think I was mad etc as this is the second time this guy has mucked me about and we all know he's not worth the time.
Still doesn't stop me from liking him though :frown:
Tough love hey.
I like this guy, but he has a girlfriend and a baby on the way. He likes me too but is happy with his girlfriend so i doubt anything will ever happen.
Yes.
There's this lass who I met in the bar of my hall of residence.
The problem is that she was here as an erasmus student.
I still miss her badly, and I hardly know what to do about it.
Thinking that she seemed to like me doesn't make it any easier...
I'm all the time thinking of phoning her but I'm not sure what to expect from it.
Continued from #144:

It's been a week that she's gone.
Since she told me she was leaving everything goes south...
Reply 144
I've liked this girl for 3 years. Been in and out of two relationships with other girls, including a two year one that just ended recentley (right after I proposed...go figure, huh!)...so yea, I'm guessing, alotta people have that one person they like/love/adore and just never told or got...

sad sad sad life..
Reply 145
Anonymous
Yes.
There's this lass who I met in the bar of my hall of residence.
The problem is that she was here as an erasmus student.
I still miss her badly, and I hardly know what to do about it.
Thinking that she seemed to like me doesn't make it any easier...
I'm all the time thinking of phoning her but I'm not sure what to expect from it.

It just makes it impossibly hard, dosn't it?
I knew she was headed back home in the end but I thought we would have a little bit longer. Since she's gone back to GB, my every second thoughts are airports and planes.
Now there are an estimated 600 miles between us. She told me she was coming back for next year's local festival, but that's no source of comfort to me since it's such a long time until then.
One question:
Does it make a difference if someone expresses to you what they feel using a language other than your native one (near-native)?
I seriously wonder what would have happened if I had spoken English when telling her I was sorry she'd leave.
This one girl. I know it won't probably won't work as we are quite different, it's hard to meet up due to the distance between us and she probably only sees me as a friend. Even with these doubts I am still going to try and make it more than friends, even if that means the chance of losing her :frown: .
Reply 149
Harv616
Best mates sister...ah how that sucked

jupp, am there.

How did it go Harv? Did u say something?
Reply 150
I know this girl called Keira, though she's a movie star, and there is only so much one can masturbate over her until you feel a mixture of guilt and self-loathing.
Reply 151
Ne0n
jupp, am there.

How did it go Harv? Did u say something?

lol yeah, we had been best friends for 2 years, then after i told her we were kind of together for a while.

Then she just stopped seeing me, saying she was busy cause of exams, friends etc which i accepted. But after exams and during the holidays she still said she was busy and never saw me. It had been about 3 months since i last saw her and it was killing me, yet she kept saying "oh i will see you soon!". After that she told me she had got a bf. The lying backstabbing cow had been with him 2 months and decided simply to lead me on rather than tell me, still hurts to this day because i thought she was pretty much perfect for me, oh how wrong I was :rolleyes:

It's been nearly 3 years, and after all that i still have to see her, her brother never found out so anytime i see him i see her.....and she is still as beautiful as she was back then which is crushing. Losing the girl you "love" and your best friend at the same time is not a nice experience.

And that is my sob story :rolleyes:

Lifes a bitch, all you can do is move on and hope for the best. :smile:
Anonymous
This one girl. I know it won't probably won't work as we are quite different, it's hard to meet up due to the distance between us and she probably only sees me as a friend. Even with these doubts I am still going to try and make it more than friends, even if that means the chance of losing her :frown: .

Same here. Though I'm a guy and I don't think we are quite different. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 153
Yep I have someone but nothing could ever happen...ever.
I used to like one of my closest male friends (still do partly) but when I told him, he told me he was gay so nothing could ever happen. Still, I wonder sometimes... I also have a boyfriend now, who i love and could never hurt.
yea there was a guy i met at a boat party in decemeber. he really liked me at the time and so did I. We finally met up in feb and he gave me a valentines day card and gift. but cos i'm me and stupid i met up with him coup[le days after and said i think we should be mates!! its prob one of da most stupidest things i've done. i still regret dat.

and then we stopped meetin up but carryed on texting and then i nmarch i told him i really liked him. and he said he feels da same. so it was all good until april. when things just changed and he stopped ringing and texting. i dont blame him i should hav got him when i had the chance but i blew it and all cos i worry too much about other things like family and getting caught and stuff!!
he doesnt contact me anymore and been making the effort for a long time. so its just left like dat.
i wish i can go back to febuary and change what i did or said and made the most of the time i had with him. I still think about him everyday and go on his facebook but i'm tryin to move on like hes done
Please don't deanon.

1) A teacher, for years, and I think some people actually began to suspect something was going on... there just seemed to be chemistry. (I didn't allow anything to happen)
2) My best male friend, but I think I thought I liked him out of pure boredom in my love life more than anything else.
3) My best mates brother, but that was only after it became very clear he liked me.

It's all very messed up, but I never let anything happen. :yep:
Reply 157
I share everyone elses pain of loving someone who doesn't have those feelings back. It's horrible. But I've been quite unfair though, I sorta take stuff out on her when I don't mean to. It's a horrible thing of me to do.
I don't actually think words can describe how bad it is. I've been like it for 4 years nearly. I have it bad don't I?
pendragon
There was this one...

A stunningly beautiful waitress came up to me. "Soup or salad?" she asked...

"Salad... no... Soup... SSOOUUPP!!" but it was too late...

And ever since then I've wondered about the soup that got away.

lmfao
YES!
I was unrequitedly (lol) in love with a guy at school for all of 2005. I've almost got over him now, but part of me still really likes him as more than a friend. So in theory I'd still love to have a relationship with him, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for relationships in general. Now, our only way of keeping in touch is through the internet (we left school in May) so hopefully we can maintain our friendship a little!

Latest

Trending

Trending