The Student Room Group

How do you leave someone you love

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years and i saw it as the most perfect relationship I’ve ever been in.
We used to argue quite a lot but nothing that any normal couple wouldn’t argue about.

When we are good and happy we are really good. He recently treated me perfectly for my birthday but when we aren’t good he is horrible.
For example today, it’s his mum’s birthday. He had planned to go for a family meal to which I wasn’t invited to (no reason), and I told him to ask his mum to come up to the apartment so I could say happy birthday etc and he was so adamant to do so.
All I wanted to do was say happy birthday to his mum lol. All of this resulted in him smacking me round the back of my head and leaving a big lump there. This isn’t the first time he has hit me. Every time he does this I can’t help my brain come away from all the good things he does - because when he’s horrible he’s truly horrible.

I do the absolute most for him whenever I can, and I just don’t feel like I get the same back but I cant move my thoughts away from all the good ones.

This is only a small snippet of the relationship and if anybody with any advice wants to know anything more then just ask.
I’m just sick of being treated like this but it’s like my willpower isn’t enough. It’s also very unhappy at my parent’s house at the moment which is what’s stopping me from leaving the apartment.

I need some type of advice I don’t know why I can’t just walk away and leave because I’ve never been like this before.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
What would you say if someone you knew was getting abused? Tell yourself the same thing. It's not easy, I know, but you're being abused. He's hitting you. If you need to talk PM me.
Reply 2
Original post by MrMusician95
What would you say if someone you knew was getting abused? Tell yourself the same thing. It's not easy, I know, but you're being abused. He's hitting you. If you need to talk PM me.

Physically and mentally I know. I’ve never felt so manipulated. Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending