The Student Room Group

advice on helping a friend in a bad relationship?

my friend met this guy through mutual friends earlier this year. they got together and their relationship was good for a while. they ended it a few months ago, but remained friends.

I think they both realised they still had feelings for each other and now they're back together again.

she's in quite a bad place rn and I think he's making it worse. their relationship seems pretty toxic and the same things that went wrong and lead to their previous break up are happening again; he's always off with her if she's done something "wrong" and makes her apologise eventhoygh he's blown things out of proportion and made her feel really low.

I have asked my friend how she feels in the relationship and she said she thought it was good. however, I've noticed that in a lot of toxic relationships/ ones that involve emotional manipulation the other person is covnicned that the highs are worth the constant, regular, one-sided lows.

I want to help her, but don't want to over step my any boundaries?

sorry thaf this was very vague and simplistic I didn't want to make it too personal.
You have to be very careful when advising friends about relationships.
Remember they could quite easily turn round and blame you for the advice you have given if they deemed it to be wrong.
I would proceed cautiously and diplomatically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending