The Student Room Group

WHAT made you fall out of love

with someone you once loved?

Scroll to see replies

Constant fighting (1.5yr+).
Reply 2
No time for her or all the girls i dated before,

From Work To University then from Uni To Work Then From work to Chill with friends, then from there to my bed xD
Reply 3
why did you break up tho?
Reply 4
Original post by sinfonietta
Constant fighting (1.5yr+).

did you fight in early stages too or just the later phases?
Reply 5
Original post by kai.gyt
No time for her or all the girls i dated before,

From Work To University then from Uni To Work Then From work to Chill with friends, then from there to my bed xD

yeah loving someone takes focus and time so you're right to focus on you in uni
Original post by Anonymous
did you fight in early stages too or just the later phases?

Only in the last year and a half. We were together 3 years total.
Reply 7
Original post by sinfonietta
Only in the last year and a half. We were together 3 years total.

that must have been so hard and its what scares me, so many ppl start out happy and problem free
Usually realising that their personality or lifestyle choices were incompatible with mine.

Religious zealot insulting half the world and constantly trying to convert me- after I'd made it clear to him that I wasn't into his religious obsession.
Racist ranting endless accusations, insults and conspiracy theories- trying to get me to agree with the horrible nonsense.
Sexual incompatibility with a charming sociopath with a secret enthusiasm for threesomes, sex workers and violent bdsm.
Reply 9
Original post by londonmyst
Usually realising that their personality or lifestyle choices were incompatible with mine.

Religious zealot insulting half the world and constantly trying to convert me- after I'd made it clear to him that I wasn't into his religious obsession.
Racist ranting endless accusations, insults and conspiracy theories- trying to get me to agree with the horrible nonsense.
Sexual incompatibility with a charming sociopath with a secret enthusiasm for threesomes, sex workers and violent bdsm.

he sounds like an actual CREEP thank god you found out!!!!
I think this sounds horrible when I say it but I never realised how boring I found her until I met somebody I had fun with. I loved her a lot but I think maybe we just had no common interests and there was just nothing there between us. I met a new friend with the same kinda character as me and I never knew until then that it wasn’t normal to rarely have anything to talk about with your partner lmao
I think this sounds horrible when I say it but I never realised how boring I found her until I met somebody I had fun with. I loved her a lot but I think maybe we just had no common interests and there was just nothing there between us. I met a new friend with the same kinda character as me and I never knew until then that it wasn’t normal to rarely have anything to talk about with your partner lmao

maybe it was just about the intimacy with your ex when you spent time together and not much talking lol
maybe it was just about the intimacy with your ex when you spent time together and not much talking lol

btw how long were you with your boring ex for before you broke up
Reply 13
Don’t date then

well i had time before, it just that this is the end of year and start of year, i don't have time, some times i get 6 months free time some times i have 0 minute of free time in my day :smile: and i have big house and empty that i live alone in, so you can't blame humans on feeling lonely sometimes
Reply 14
found out my partner was a pathological liar suffering from narcissistic personality disorder and should've been registered as a sex offender.

i know everyone says that about their ex but in my case it's literally true.
Reply 15
I realised we were very different people, and then found out he was cheating on me anyway lmao

So much happier single!
Going for a lose sense of the word love... They threatened to kill me and were generally rather unpleasant towards me.
When I found out the woman I loved that i was trying to get with was showing my naïve 'love interest' texts to people behind my back laughing at them and humping another guy instead of me and laughing with him about the texts.

Also my "best friend" who at the time failed to tell me all of this that he knew only telling me after I had left the workplace after being rejected by her when I finally managed the courage to ask her out. So I "fell out of "freindship" with him so I also now feel nothing for him (freindshipwise) either.
I think this is probably one of the biggest friendship killers. :/
Original post by Joleee
found out my partner was a pathological liar suffering from narcissistic personality disorder and should've been registered as a sex offender.

i know everyone says that about their ex but in my case it's literally true.

Urgh he sounds vile glad you got shot of him x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending