The Student Room Group

Am I ugly? Be honest please

I have felt ugly my whole life, and it is honestly one of the most discouraging things in the world. I feel really lonely most of the time, but whenever I try to get closer to someone it is hopeless, never had luck in the real world, nor through dating apps.

I'm gonna be completely honest, really don't care anymore, I have never even kissed someone, or even hold hands together. It surely must be because of my appearance. I mean, I think I have a good personality, and can be very charming.

So just your honest opinion, where do I stand? Is there any hope for me?

I know the beard might be controversial, for the time being I am keeping it.

https://m.imgur.com/a/HAbwJfT

Scroll to see replies

You don't need any external validation man. You simply lack self-confidence and self-love.

Work on developing these traits and you'll start viewing yourself in a different light.
Original post by Anonymous
I have felt ugly my whole life, and it is honestly one of the most discouraging things in the world. I feel really lonely most of the time, but whenever I try to get closer to someone it is hopeless, never had luck in the real world, nor through dating apps.

I'm gonna be completely honest, really don't care anymore, I have never even kissed someone, or even hold hands together. It surely must be because of my appearance. I mean, I think I have a good personality, and can be very charming.

You’re pretty alright looking mate, would never go sheesh kebab that dudes ugly I’d say you just lack confidence perhaps. You said you had a good personality so matching that with you’re average good looks I think you have hope. I know what you mean though I feel ugly but I’ve been called pretty by few people and perhaps think people don’t approach me because I’m not open enough and seem aloof. Perhaps you might lack flirting aspects and not approachable in that sense.
Reply 3
You're not at all ugly, and the beard looks great on you
A little :smile:
You look like a pretty cool guy to me.

You might want to give your facial hair the once over with an electric razor every 2 to 4 weeks.

I think Aragorn stubble / a very closely cropped beard would look really good on you.

You could use the same razor to give yourself a number 2, 3 or 4 on top too.
No. But... beards.:afraid:
Original post by Snufkin
No. But... beards.:afraid:

Yeah, but shaving every day or every other day :banghead:
No. You look young, just very young. Girls like older guys and it can show on a guy. You look natural and maybe better when you get older, so you'll get better anyways.

From that photo, you look a bit loony which may get in the way but that has nothing to do if you are ugly or not, just how your personally shows in your face. Maybe just having fun with a camera or something.

There's no such thing as absolute beauty.
You look normal bro
Reply 10
Confidence is under the bonnet.

you look more than normal (as I'm sure of probably aware on this thread)

as for any hope? unless you've somehow changed species, yes but even if your descended from the gods themselves, confidence and love for yourself is the most important thing

If you hold your past dating experiences with you, not much is likely to change, just keep at it and wish you all the best :smile:

You look like a hobo who needs to groom and wash.

You asked for the truth!
Appearance-wise, you've pretty much been dealt a neutral hand. Your presentation is below-average mind, but the power to remedy that remains nonetheless within your control.
shorten the beard
You look like a hobo who needs to groom and wash.

You asked for the truth!

And I appreciate the honesty. Yeah, will think about trimming the beard, seems like the most mentioned point.
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. They are really helpful.
Honestly looks wise you're exactly what I go for. So no - certainly not ugly :no:
Not ugly in the slightest. The beard really suits you too!
Reply 19

1st and 4th picture - average
2nd and 3rd - I can see some women finding you good looking

How old are you?
If you are 21+ and not had a kiss yet then you are probably doing something wrong or aiming too high

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending