The Student Room Group

Do I stay in my job for the rest of year 13?

So I’ve been really struggling to make a decision about if I should quit my job in order to focus on my A Levels for the rest of the year as I do fine art, which as I’m sure some of you will know, has a huge amount of coursework that is due in very soon.
While I enjoy my job, and most of the time it is only 8 hours on a Saturday, I already struggle with severe chronic pain due to endometriosis that is not only causing conflict in work due to absences, but also impacts my grades due to not going in on bad pain days.

Furthermore, during the half terms I am always expected to do lots more hours, which makes juggling college, a social life/boyfriend, my health and my job fairly difficult.
But the obvious pros of having a job are that I have money and independence, which is so helpful at home to avoid conflict :/ Also, having a job can be very rewarding and would probably look good on my CV right?

Any advice would be amazing, thank you so much guys
It’s a decision you need to weigh up very carefully
You’ve looked at the pros and cons
Which do you think tip the balance?
What can you change to make things easier?
Are your time management skills up to date?
Have you talked to your gp about managing your endometriosis better? Ie better pain management.
This is a decision only you can make.
In terms of time school is over very soon. You can use the money for uni
Weigh everything up carefully and you will make the right decision
Reply 2
Original post by Zoë Bird
So I’ve been really struggling to make a decision about if I should quit my job in order to focus on my A Levels for the rest of the year as I do fine art, which as I’m sure some of you will know, has a huge amount of coursework that is due in very soon.
While I enjoy my job, and most of the time it is only 8 hours on a Saturday, I already struggle with severe chronic pain due to endometriosis that is not only causing conflict in work due to absences, but also impacts my grades due to not going in on bad pain days.

Furthermore, during the half terms I am always expected to do lots more hours, which makes juggling college, a social life/boyfriend, my health and my job fairly difficult.
But the obvious pros of having a job are that I have money and independence, which is so helpful at home to avoid conflict :/ Also, having a job can be very rewarding and would probably look good on my CV right?

Any advice would be amazing, thank you so much guys

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear about your pain and I hope it all can improve for yourself.

As for your job, would it be possible to perhaps cut the shift on the Saturday or perhaps move it off to a day when you have few lessons at college during the week?

I'm sure that your boss would be completely understanding of your situation because a-levels are tough aha.

Jobs are great for money and experience but i guess looking into the long run of things may be more important.
Reply 3
I quit my job a couple of weeks ago for similar reasons. I was planning on making up the hours during study leave when I'll have a little more time. Coursework's a b****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending