The Student Room Group

university entry requirement predicament

so I'm doing a sub dip in business. but I'm going to leave the course after a year which means I'll get half the qualification which is equivalent to one a level. I done a diploma in media before but I haven't received my grade oddly. I'm in contact with Pearson to see what happened. so if I failed my media course or something since I haven't received anything, I would only have half a sub dip. if I apply to uni, what are the chances they'll take me? I know I sound deluded lol. but if I apply to the easiest ones to get into and have a very good personal statement what are my chances. I do a lot of extra curricular which I put on my personal statement. I'm just not academic. the course I want to do is marketing. I actually really want to do the course passionately. so do they have to be very strict on requirements or can they make exceptions?

FYI I'm definitely ready for university and don't want to waste anymore time.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by '_'
so I'm doing a sub dip in business. but I'm going to leave the course after a year which means I'll get half the qualification which is equivalent to one a level. I done a diploma in media before but I haven't received my grade oddly. I'm in contact with Pearson to see what happened. so if I failed my media course or something since I haven't received anything, I would only have half a sub dip. if I apply to uni, what are the chances they'll take me? I know I sound deluded lol. but if I apply to the easiest ones to get into and have a very good personal statement what are my chances. I do a lot of extra curricular which I put on my personal statement. I'm just not academic. the course I want to do is marketing. I actually really want to do the course passionately. so do they have to be very strict on requirements or can they make exceptions?

FYI I'm definitely ready for university and don't want to waste anymore time.

Contact the admissions teams at each university you are interested in - only they can give a definitive answer.

BUT considering most universities expect the equivalent of 3 A-levels (or 2 "good" ones in some cases) you may struggle.

But if you aren't "academic" why do you want to do an academic university course? Perhaps a higher apprenticeship would be a better route...?
Reply 2
I'm only academic in the subjects I'm passionate in. like I did a media course at level 2 which i loved and I got a D*. with marketing, I now know it is my dream and I get excited just thinking about doing it in uni. but I will contact admissions and I'm going to apply to Foundation years too. although I really want to just start in university.
Reply 3
Original post by '_'
I'm only academic in the subjects I'm passionate in. like I did a media course at level 2 which i loved and I got a D*. with marketing, I now know it is my dream and I get excited just thinking about doing it in uni. but I will contact admissions and I'm going to apply to Foundation years too. although I really want to just start in university.

Yes a Foundation year may be a good idea.

Good luck ! :smile:
Reply 4
thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending