The Student Room Group

Does the child care grant affect 15/30hours free or childcare element of UC

Currently studying an access course and hoping to go to university this year but can’t seem to get a straight answer regarding finances. Currently get 15hours free which I use towards college and work weekends. From what I’ve gathered on gov website I can claim £169 per week for child care and have to pay any difference to cover uni. Does anyone know if you can still get the 15hours free? Or if I pick up shifts during the week can I claim the child care element of uc?
Original post by Pelicanandme
Currently studying an access course and hoping to go to university this year but can’t seem to get a straight answer regarding finances. Currently get 15hours free which I use towards college and work weekends. From what I’ve gathered on gov website I can claim £169 per week for child care and have to pay any difference to cover uni. Does anyone know if you can still get the 15hours free? Or if I pick up shifts during the week can I claim the child care element of uc?

Hi there,

You can use your 15 hours free and claim for anything over this with your childcare.

Thanks, Erin
Thank you
Original post by Pelicanandme
Thank you

You're welcome 😊 If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks, Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending