The Student Room Group

Accepted Science A Levels at Manchester

So I'm looking to study BSc chemistry at Manchester University.
In their entry requirements, they state a levels in chemistry and one other maths/science subject are needed. I study chemistry, psychology and history, so, was wondering if psychology was accepted as a science a level since it varies across different universities.
Original post by K0302
So I'm looking to study BSc chemistry at Manchester University.
In their entry requirements, they state a levels in chemistry and one other maths/science subject are needed. I study chemistry, psychology and history, so, was wondering if psychology was accepted as a science a level since it varies across different universities.

As their website only states “another science subject”, I would be inclined to think they mean another natural science, IE. Biology or Physics.

As you’ve noted, where Uni’s accept broader ‘science-y’ subjects such as Psychology, Geology etc, they will nearly always list the permissible subjects rather than leave you guessing.

The only way to be 100% sure is to give them a call on Monday.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
As their website only states “another science subject”, I would be inclined to think they mean another natural science, IE. Biology or Physics.

As you’ve noted, where Uni’s accept broader ‘science-y’ subjects such as Psychology, Geology etc, they will nearly always list the permissible subjects rather than leave you guessing.

The only way to be 100% sure is to give them a call on Monday.

Thanks for your help, I'll try to contact them next week :smile:
Reply 3
For some other courses they are a little more explicit i.e. Biology Bsc:

We require grades AAA-ABB, including two of Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths (the Hard Sciences). You must have a minimum of grades AB in at least two Hard Sciences and pass the practical assessments in these subjects.

If your grades are AAB or higher, we will accept a grade A in Geography, Psychology, Environmental Studies or PE in place of one of the Hard Sciences.

Give them a call - and perhaps mention how much clearer the Biology faculty pages are :wink:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending