The Student Room Group

Haven't made any friends

At first I didn't want to believe it but I have accepted that I am STRUGGLING TO MAKE FRIENDS. I have never felt this way. Reflecting back to school and college years, I fitted in so easily with those around and was able to connect and build friendships with people.
I'm now in uni, been here since 2018 and I haven't developed any friendship with any one (I did previously but the girl left the course/uni) I'm living one of the most boring and lonely experiences ever and it's so upsetting. My time at uni isn't enjoyable and I would rather trade it for my experiences at college any day.
I've been in university for a long time now (1.5 years) and I just feel as if I'm going to be one of those unlucky students for the remaining years. Let me add, that I do start off shy but once you get to know me you'll understand who I am and more. Once I have settled in with a group of friends or friend(s) I become sociable.
I have many interests and hobbies. The clubs in my uni aren't that interesting neither have many to choose from but I have tried and gone with an open mind. I've gone to a few events and people don't see committed to pursue a potential friendship with me. I don't know why. It's making me feel as if everyone in this uni is the same (I'm sure they aren't but it's just my perspective)
I'm here at uni 3x a week and would surely love to have at least one person around to call a genuine friend. I've said this many times but I'm seriously going to look for a part time job in my uni and outside of uni because bored is not even the word to describe my life. Having no friends and social life really gets you down, I'm telling you. I have hope that later on in the year the research project - that will be mixed with other students will be my wake up call and chance to make friends with people. If that doesn't work out than I don't know what will. But that's all I have, the research project to give me the platform to really explore into other people from different courses and really make an effort. It's just so upsetting really, I hate uni because of it
Reply 1
don't worry, we've all been at that stage where it seems like we are the loneliest people in the world, but in actual fact we fail to see the tiny things that help us get through each day, :smile: dont give up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending