The Student Room Group

Feelings

How are you supposed to identify your feelings towards someone?
How do you know the difference between crushing on someone, being in love with someone and loving someone romantically?

My teacher once told me that If you truly love someone you would
1. Deal with/take all their nonsenser
2. Be strong emotionally
3. Support them and guide them.

However what is the difference between these really how do I know in what category my feelings fall in?
Original post by Misaela
How are you supposed to identify your feelings towards someone?
How do you know the difference between crushing on someone, being in love with someone and loving someone romantically?

My teacher once told me that If you truly love someone you would
1. Deal with/take all their nonsenser
2. Be strong emotionally
3. Support them and guide them.

However what is the difference between these really how do I know in what category my feelings fall in?

You will KNOW if you love somebody. You may be unsure if you are starting to fall in love but once you are in love you just know. It’s a feeling of looking at them and not seeing any imperfection. Thinking they are the best person in the world. Accepting their not as great qualities. You also just know you don’t want to lose them. You know that you want them in your future. Crushing on someone can actually be a very strong feeling too. The feeling of crushing on someone is often lust
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
You will KNOW if you love somebody. You may be unsure if you are starting to fall in love but once you are in love you just know. It’s a feeling of looking at them and not seeing any imperfection. Thinking they are the best person in the world. Accepting their not as great qualities. You also just know you don’t want to lose them. You know that you want them in your future. Crushing on someone can actually be a very strong feeling too. The feeling of crushing on someone is often lust

So if I know his flaws but I accept them and choose to help him overcome them and see the better in him and still like him. And if I care for him and don't want him to hurt himself physically or emotionally or get hurt. And wanting to be there for him when he's sad. And coming to terms that I might never be with him and that it doesn't seem as bad because I want him to be happy and not be in a relationship where he isn't happy. Also worrying about his safety and happiness because I know he went back to a place that for pretty much since he got there caused him pain and hoping he won't forget what he's learnt and the good times with the time he spent with my family. Is that love it is that just an obsession or crush?

Although I miss him I want him to be happy and I want to be happy but not at the cost of his happiness and if he's happy I'll feel more at ease. Also with the corona virus I don't know if he's safe either. I'm just worried. You know my sister once told me that I act as if I'm his mom sometimes. But it just happens naturally. I don't know what to classify these feelings as. He was like my best friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending