The Student Room Group

Ex boyfriend has came back

To any makes out there that could make any sense of this your help is needed. My ex boyfriend who I split with mid last year we had been together from the age 13 to the age of 19 on and off has tried to reach out to me. He says he misses me and can’t get me out of his head. I was the one who decided to walk away due to being unable to put up with things he was doing and it was beginning to become toxic. He has reached out and completely open up about his feelings even tho he has a massive ego and wouldn’t usually do that. However he has had a relationship in that time and said the reason it didn’t work is because he wasn’t over me, I know this is called a rebound but I can’t help but feel a little out of place as I feel things haven’t worked and he has came back because he may realise what he had with me but I don’t know what to think. Can boys do that or is he just not having any luck and think I’m last option ?

Any help would be appreciated
He rebounded with her from you.. now he's rebounding with you from her. This is gonna be some entertainment for your mates to hear :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
To any makes out there that could make any sense of this your help is needed. My ex boyfriend who I split with mid last year we had been together from the age 13 to the age of 19 on and off has tried to reach out to me. He says he misses me and can’t get me out of his head. I was the one who decided to walk away due to being unable to put up with things he was doing and it was beginning to become toxic. He has reached out and completely open up about his feelings even tho he has a massive ego and wouldn’t usually do that. However he has had a relationship in that time and said the reason it didn’t work is because he wasn’t over me, I know this is called a rebound but I can’t help but feel a little out of place as I feel things haven’t worked and he has came back because he may realise what he had with me but I don’t know what to think. Can boys do that or is he just not having any luck and think I’m last option ?

Any help would be appreciated

This honestly brings me to tears. Something similar happened to me. Guy I dated on and off from highschool. His mum and I were friends and he broke up with his toxic as hell girlfriend and was going through it. It was mentally unstable. His mom begged me to speak to him. He CONVINCED me to get back with him after a whole 6years. He was toxic as well back then and I thought he had changed. Fast forward literally two months of us being together and I had to break up with him because I could tell he was messing with someone else. A week after we broke up, he started dating his “friend” I asked him about before.

In summary, I’d say if you’re in love with him. Really weigh the risks of you getting back together and how much it might hurt or set you back if you two broke up. You said he was toxic and you know what he might be genuine in saying he couldn’t stop thinking about you. But some men when they realise stuff like that should work on theirselves personally before getting with someone again because he may still have the same toxic traits.

It’s up to you to decide if it’s worth possibly breaking your heart over. Or if you could live with not taking the chance.
Reply 3
He rebounded with her from you.. now he's rebounding with you from her. This is gonna be some entertainment for your mates to hear :smile:

Tell me about it 😂 I don’t believe the rebound is me tho if I’m the reason he couldnt carry on in there relationship
Original post by Abbyc18
Tell me about it 😂 I don’t believe the rebound is me tho if I’m the reason he couldnt carry on in there relationship

Well he's gonna say that isn't he lmao.

I'll be honest.. toxic relationships are like a birthday cake. Once pieces have been eaten.. it's never going to be the same as before. Lol.
Reply 5
Original post by Second_Beauty
This honestly brings me to tears. Something similar happened to me. Guy I dated on and off from highschool. His mum and I were friends and he broke up with his toxic as hell girlfriend and was going through it. It was mentally unstable. His mom begged me to speak to him. He CONVINCED me to get back with him after a whole 6years. He was toxic as well back then and I thought he had changed. Fast forward literally two months of us being together and I had to break up with him because I could tell he was messing with someone else. A week after we broke up, he started dating his “friend” I asked him about before.

In summary, I’d say if you’re in love with him. Really weigh the risks of you getting back together and how much it might hurt or set you back if you two broke up. You said he was toxic and you know what he might be genuine in saying he couldn’t stop thinking about you. But some men when they realise stuff like that should work on theirselves personally before getting with someone again because he may still have the same toxic traits.

It’s up to you to decide if it’s worth possibly breaking your heart over. Or if you could live with not taking the chance.

I’m not sure honestly I do believe his toxic traits are still there. He has never cheated on me and always made me feel like I was the only girl for him. It’s hard to tell because the split was on my terms not his so I can’t put it down to him messing around. The rebound was unexpected as I know who the person was and honestly was mind blown when he told me. I’m not sure if it’s worth the heart break but him telling me all this honestly just brings feeling flooding back in. He didn’t speak badly of the other girl (I’m all for the girls even if she went with my ex and she told me and him we were cute together before we split) just that he wasn’t happy with her and that he wasn’t about to drag it on when he didn’t feel committed which I would say is the right thing to do but it’s not helping me 😭
Reply 6
Well he's gonna say that isn't he lmao.

I'll be honest.. toxic relationships are like a birthday cake. Once pieces have been eaten.. it's never going to be the same as before. Lol.

Yeah I see your point, I’m quite a strong minded person tho and don’t take everything I hear for gospel but part of what he has said sounds a lot like something he would do. But I still want a guys opinion.
I’m not sure honestly I do believe his toxic traits are still there. He has never cheated on me and always made me feel like I was the only girl for him. It’s hard to tell because the split was on my terms not his so I can’t put it down to him messing around. The rebound was unexpected as I know who the person was and honestly was mind blown when he told me. I’m not sure if it’s worth the heart break but him telling me all this honestly just brings feeling flooding back in. He didn’t speak badly of the other girl (I’m all for the girls even if she went with my ex and she told me and him we were cute together before we split) just that he wasn’t happy with her and that he wasn’t about to drag it on when he didn’t feel committed which I would say is the right thing to do but it’s not helping me 😭

The girl mine got together with did the same. Tbh I’m pretty sure he begged to be with her once I broke up with him. I believe they were friends but he was flirting with her because I wasn’t supporting his bad habits.

And the feels flooding back. I get that. It’s hard thinking back to the good days and forgetting the bad ones. Maybe what you can do is take it slow. If he really loves you and believes you’re the only girl for him, he’ll be patient. That’s where I went wrong, I let mine convince me too soon in getting back together and I know this time he’ll come back again 😂😂 he always comes back to me when he wants someone to uplift him and boost him up.

Just be careful with your heart and make sure it’s a decision you don’t regret too fiercely if it goes wrong 💛
Yeah I see your point, I’m quite a strong minded person tho and don’t take everything I hear for gospel but part of what he has said sounds a lot like something he would do. But I still want a guys opinion.

I broke up with my ex in December. She initiated it.. I followed through. I haven't dated anyone in the meantime because it takes time to heal.. you can't get over someone you loved that quick (hence i think its a healthy way to go about things). She's tried to get back to me but the truth is that the toxicity in the relationship and problems are still very much there, so it's not going to happen.

Your ex went for rebound.. thats proof that his ego > any feeling he had for you. You can always start fresh with someone new when you're ready.. growth requires us to reach out of comfort zones (relapsing back to him).
Reply 9
Original post by Second_Beauty
The girl mine got together with did the same. Tbh I’m pretty sure he begged to be with her once I broke up with him. I believe they were friends but he was flirting with her because I wasn’t supporting his bad habits.

And the feels flooding back. I get that. It’s hard thinking back to the good days and forgetting the bad ones. Maybe what you can do is take it slow. If he really loves you and believes you’re the only girl for him, he’ll be patient. That’s where I went wrong, I let mine convince me too soon in getting back together and I know this time he’ll come back again 😂😂 he always comes back to me when he wants someone to uplift him and boost him up.

Just be careful with your heart and make sure it’s a decision you don’t regret too fiercely if it goes wrong 💛

Aw god I feel for you, he’s obviously not very independent if he can’t deal on his own. I’ve never really experienced the friend thing this girl was more of someone you just know. Hate girls like that tho supporting it cause you think us girls are meant to chick together 😂. Yeah it’s really difficult but I also cannot forget the bad days but don’t want to go on about it and drag it out I get everyone has habits but his just weren’t bearable for me. I did tell him I’m happy where I am now and I got over what happened however he said he’s willing to wait even tho I’ve told him I have been speaking to others and didn’t find that fair. It’s hard not to go back so quickly so I can completely understand yoy there we have split and got back together like twice now and each time I did just go straight back. You must be a very empowering and strong person !!

I appreciate you sharing your experience with me it’s nice to relate to someone experiencing something similar 🧡
I broke up with my ex in December. She initiated it.. I followed through. I haven't dated anyone in the meantime because it takes time to heal.. you can't get over someone you loved that quick (hence i think its a healthy way to go about things). She's tried to get back to me but the truth is that the toxicity in the relationship and problems are still very much there, so it's not going to happen.

Your ex went for rebound.. thats proof that his ego > any feeling he had for you. You can always start fresh with someone new when you're ready.. growth requires us to reach out of comfort zones (relapsing back to him).

Sorry to hear that and I completely agree it’s taken me this long to heal and finally be happy on my own. The toxic part has encouraged me to stick to my answer of not going back into things. I agree with you that his ego really has answered his feelings for me but can’t help think we aren’t perfect and some people are terrified of being in there own. I might be too nice about it but I really don’t like to judge actions on that as it isn’t terrible and everyone is different. Behaviour is a funny thing. I hope to find a better fit but I think that it’s better to leave it to come natural. I totally stand by self growth, it’s what I done it’s hard but so worth it.
Honestly it sounds toxic. Ex’s are meant to be ex’s for a reason. Avoid and move on.
Original post by Fermion.
Honestly it sounds toxic. Ex’s are meant to be ex’s for a reason. Avoid and move on.

Would you never go back with one even if it ended on good terms
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Abbyc18
Would you never go back with one even if it ended on bad terms ?

I meant good terms sorry
Aw god I feel for you, he’s obviously not very independent if he can’t deal on his own. I’ve never really experienced the friend thing this girl was more of someone you just know. Hate girls like that tho supporting it cause you think us girls are meant to chick together 😂. Yeah it’s really difficult but I also cannot forget the bad days but don’t want to go on about it and drag it out I get everyone has habits but his just weren’t bearable for me. I did tell him I’m happy where I am now and I got over what happened however he said he’s willing to wait even tho I’ve told him I have been speaking to others and didn’t find that fair. It’s hard not to go back so quickly so I can completely understand yoy there we have split and got back together like twice now and each time I did just go straight back. You must be a very empowering and strong person !!

I appreciate you sharing your experience with me it’s nice to relate to someone experiencing something similar 🧡

Lol trust me I’m not. I’ve just learnt that not everyone has the same values. I was hurt by it but I wasn’t surprised. I was just hoping he’d have changed and was putting in a lot to help him cope. But yeah, if you’re in a happy place right now, I’d stick with that no matter the pull. It’s easy to get stuck in a loop with someone because love isn’t something you turn off and on. That doesn’t make them any good for us though.

You seem like you’ve got this in the bag though so you’ll be perfectly fine 🥳
Reply 15
hope things are better for you now

Latest

Trending

Trending