The Student Room Group

I have a doubt... help please?

im an international student, from argentina and an italian citizenship. I was looking uk unis, mainly for loughborough uni, wich seems great. However, i dont have any A-levels,IELTS or what i think are called "level 3 qualifications. My main degress, apart from argentine Título de Bachiller for finishing secondary school, are IGCSE's on 5 subjects, so i have the ICE, and the C1 advanced. I also have other degrees like PET, KET, FIRST certificafe, but i think that they are not that relevant...

So, with that in mind, is there any chance that the uni may accept me? If not, what do i need? Or do you have any other good uni to reccomend? (I wanna study History and internatinal relations)

Thanks to all you for helping me!
Fabri.
I'm not sure about Loughborough but I know that Lancaster is pretty good for history, and isn't an especially difficult uni to get into?
Reply 2
Original post by LewisBailey
I'm not sure about Loughborough but I know that Lancaster is pretty good for history, and isn't an especially difficult uni to get into?

Hey there!
So, do you think that with those qualifications in mind, lancaster uni may accept me?
Thanks!
Original post by fabrizio LC
Hey there!
So, do you think that with those qualifications in mind, lancaster uni may accept me?
Thanks!

I don't think I'm in the best place to answer, you'd probably have to ask the uni that yourself
im an international student, from argentina and an italian citizenship. I was looking uk unis, mainly for loughborough uni, wich seems great. However, i dont have any A-levels,IELTS or what i think are called "level 3 qualifications. My main degress, apart from argentine Título de Bachiller for finishing secondary school, are IGCSE's on 5 subjects, so i have the ICE, and the C1 advanced. I also have other degrees like PET, KET, FIRST certificafe, but i think that they are not that relevant...

So, with that in mind, is there any chance that the uni may accept me? If not, what do i need? Or do you have any other good uni to reccomend? (I wanna study History and internatinal relations)

Fabri.

Hi fabrizio LC :hello:

I would recommend getting in contact with the universities that you're interested in, with a copy of your transcript. In that way, they can check the suitability of the the qualifications you already have, and advise the best way to gain entrance onto a university course in the UK. If your qualifications fall shirt slightly, they might recommend doing an access course of foundation year.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel fee to ask!

Melissa :biggrin:

Fabri.

Hi @fabrizio LC,

I would recommend contacting our admissions team and also our International Office. They will be able to provide specific advice regarding your transcript and support you in the next steps required for your application.

Let us know if you have any queries via PM or on here.
Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi @fabrizio LC,

I would recommend contacting our admissions team and also our International Office. They will be able to provide specific advice regarding your transcript and support you in the next steps required for your application.

Let us know if you have any queries via PM or on here.
Best Wishes,

Hello there!

I have already contacted them, yesterday, and they told me that IGCSE's and also an Oxford international junior programme, at the OIEG greenwich maritime uni that i took part off, are not enough. I told them about my other qualifications, like the C1 advanced and such, but they don't seem interested in those 😅. But, on the other side, i was told that if i finish Secondary school, i may be considered on a foundation programe

So, are my other qualifications worth for the uni? And what does a foundation programme consist of?

Sincerely,
Fabri
Hello there!

I have already contacted them, yesterday, and they told me that IGCSE's and also an Oxford international junior programme, at the OIEG greenwich maritime uni that i took part off, are not enough. I told them about my other qualifications, like the C1 advanced and such, but they don't seem interested in those 😅. But, on the other side, i was told that if i finish Secondary school, i may be considered on a foundation programe

So, are my other qualifications worth for the uni? And what does a foundation programme consist of?

Sincerely,
Fabri

Hi @fabrizio LC,

You can find a list of our Foundation courses online here. They are designed as a year to cover the gaps in knowledge students may have that do not have the qualifications to go straight into studying an undergraduate degree programme. As you can see from the list we have a wide range of these programmes available.

Unfortunately I do not know enough about the admissions process to be able to advise on your qualifications, but if you see a foundation programme that you like I would recommend applying for it!

Best Wishes,

Quick Reply

Latest