The Student Room Group

Changing UNI Option

I’m currently on a Gap year. I have a differed offer for Sussex to study maths starting in September. At the moment I’ve started to have second thoughts and would prefer leeds. Is there a way I can apply for Leeds without jeopardising my place at Sussex. I have grades ABB and because of covid-19 the current year 13s are likely to have high grades from predictions. I also don’t want to apply and then be put into **** housing because of how late I’ve applied.
Original post by raphealmax
I’m currently on a Gap year. I have a differed offer for Sussex to study maths starting in September. At the moment I’ve started to have second thoughts and would prefer leeds. Is there a way I can apply for Leeds without jeopardising my place at Sussex. I have grades ABB and because of covid-19 the current year 13s are likely to have high grades from predictions. I also don’t want to apply and then be put into **** housing because of how late I’ve applied.

You cannot have your cake and eat it. If you have firmed Sussex then you have opted to go there. If you also applied to Leeds as well you can change your offer with both universities and ucas approval. If you didnt apply to Leeds you would need to ask Sussex to release you and apply through ucas extra to Leeds. The other option would be adjustment on results day. Every year people are advised on here not to firm early yet loads of students like yourself do this then change their minds.
You will need to wait till clearing is out and see if Leeds is on that so you can refuse Sussex and try for clearing for Leeds. However, there's no guarantee Leeds will be on there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending