The Student Room Group

Is it wrong to be in a relationship with someone with a fetish for your disability?

Hello everyone, before lockdown I went on a couple of dates with a really charming guy. He was very funny and sweet and quite handsome too!

Recently we've been texting and it's become clear that he's extra interested in me because I'm a quadriplegic (I'm paralysed below my chin).

Would you continue this relationship? He's still just as nice as before, but I can't help questioning whether he'd be with me if I didn't have a disability.

Thanks!
Original post by emilydavis1
Hello everyone, before lockdown I went on a couple of dates with a really charming guy. He was very funny and sweet and quite handsome too!

Recently we've been texting and it's become clear that he's extra interested in me because I'm a quadriplegic (I'm paralysed below my chin).

Would you continue this relationship? He's still just as nice as before, but I can't help questioning whether he'd be with me if I didn't have a disability.

Thanks!

Sounds a bit creepy to me, but if you are ok with it then its fine. I dont have that disability and you do.
Why not see how it goes as it might be hard enough for you to get decent company, so dont rule it out and see whether the fetish gets a bit weird or not.
No. it's not wrong. :smile:
Your disability is a part of who you are today, provides some insight into your past and day to day life.
You have the right to choose the type of guy, relationship, hobbies and other activities that make you happy.

A guy might be attracted to you because of your eyes, long hair, personality, religious beliefs, personal achievements or a shared sexual kink.
But you might want to consider whether your personality is compatible with a guy who could be patronising if he views you as his own personal princess who needs him to take care of her every need.
Or has a sexual fetish connected to disability that sounds just as objectifying and creepy as a foot fetish.
Original post by londonmyst
No. it's not wrong. :smile:
Your disability is a part of who you are today, provides some insight into your past and day to day life.
You have the right to choose the type of guy, relationship, hobbies and other activities that make you happy.

A guy might be attracted to you because of your eyes, long hair, personality, religious beliefs, personal achievements or a shared sexual kink.
But you might want to consider whether your personality is compatible with a guy who could be patronising if he views you as his own personal princess who needs him to take care of her every need.
Or has a sexual fetish connected to disability that sounds just as objectifying and creepy as a foot fetish.

How is being attracted to feet any more "creepy" or "objectifying" than being attracted to breasts, penises, bottoms etc?
Original post by emilydavis1

Thanks!

Tell him you dont think things will work out between you 2 and let him go
Original post by Anonymous
How is being attracted to feet any more "creepy" or "objectifying" than being attracted to breasts, penises, bottoms etc?

All those fetishes are creepy and objectifying.
Particularly when the fetish is so extreme that it applies to almost any random person of the specific biological sex with feet/bottom/cleavage.
Same with fetishes revolving around urine, excrement or the Eiffel Tower.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending