The Student Room Group

Am I being unreasonable?

Cheeky bit of context for you all: I'm 16 and gay and I'm not very confident with boys so I usually ask my mates to help out a bit because I am terrible at talking to boys.
So a few months ago, one of my friends told me out of the blue that she had sex with this boy who she said didn't enjoy the experience and was pretty sure he was gay so she asked him to message me because he was looking for a relationship with a boy and of course I obliged and messaged him back but he just blocked me out of the blue. At the time I just assumed he wasn't ready for a gay relationship yet. This 'friend' then went through her snapchat and removed a lot of people for not talking to her enough (which is a bit rude to be honest) and we obviously lost touch. Then, recently, on her Instagram she put a picture of her and her boyfriend together and it turned out to be this boy that had messaged me. Well... I wasn't happy and immediately realised it was all a joke which I think is quite homophobic to be honest so I messaged her and she brushed off the fact that she and her boyfriend had been quite homophobic so I was really angry about that and asked her how she thought that was alright and she then told me I wouldn't say it to her boyfriend's face (which is a bit ridiculous and genuinely felt like a threat) and she blocked me.
Since then, I've wondered was it actually that bad and that homophobic or am I just being really petty, what do you all think?
They were doing it for a joke which is vile. You didn't deserve that. Cut off all contact if possible. But I agree with the above user- these apps are so toxic and encourage the most childish and toxic behaviour. Removing myself from all socials was the best thing I ever did.
I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. They are obviously very immature and you are better off without them. i would move on and take it as a learning experience!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending