The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bones-mccoy
There's nothing worse than people using alcohol as an excuse for chpreaeating. "I wouldn't have done it, I was just so drunk" don't drink then?? If you can't control yourself whilst drinking then don't consume alcohol, it's that simple.

You clearly knew what you were doing as well - you kissed on multiple occasions so you can't even pretend it was just a heat of the moment, one time thing. Once is a mistake, twice is taking the piss.

I hope you tell your boyfriend so he can find someone better.

preachhhh!
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
so if you’ve learnt your lesson, you should come clean. you broke his trust and that is not ok. he deserves to know what happened. yes, you may never do it again but he deserves to know. if you don’t tell him, that’s just as bad as cheating on him again.

I agree! Afraid he will think I did more. Plus it’s going to hurt him so much!
Original post by Jill Mead18
I agree! Afraid he will think I did more. Plus it’s going to hurt him so much!

at the end of the day, it’s his decision on whether to stay with you or not. just do the decent thing and come clean. and at least know you’ve learnt your lesson and it won’t happen again :smile:
There's nothing worse than people using alcohol as an excuse for cheating. "I wouldn't have done it, I was just so drunk" don't drink then?? If you can't control yourself whilst drinking then don't consume alcohol, it's that simple.

You clearly knew what you were doing as well - you kissed on multiple occasions so you can't even pretend it was just a heat of the moment, one time thing. Once is a mistake, twice is taking the piss.

It's so simple "I was confused" like don't drink, It's all fun and games until you hurt someone whilst being drunk, if you can't behave don't get yourself in that situation. What annoyed me the most isn't that it's her saying she wants to forget it, like okay you made a mistake you don't forget shi* you rectify the hell, and be the best bloody gf you can ever be and never make the mistake again.
Are you in the habit of telling your bf every time you kiss somebody? :confused:
Friends, parents, grandparents, exes, babies/toddlers, pets and everyone else.

Personally I've never being interested in knowing who the guys I date talk to, text, hug or kiss.
If I was married, I wouldn't be bothered about these things.
Original post by Anonymous
not to make you feel even worse but telling him things such as you "cant sleep or eat" can just be turned around and make him seem like the bad guy for not forgiving you, express that you're sorry but dont try to play the victim :/

No, I’m not trying to do that...really! I really can’t. I feel terrible about it. I won’t bring it up. I don’t want it to be about me. I feel so bad I’m going to hurt him!
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Ladies and Gents, a prime example of if you cannot handle your drinks, don't drink it's as simple as that, I'm fed up of hearing alochol or beer, or a form of intoxication, it's not a valid excuse. If you knew you're someone lightweight easily intoxicated, then why bother. Alcohol, pool party and a mix of hormones, what did you expect to happen, people just singing kumbaya with a ukelele? I'm sorry to sound harsh, for advice I suggest you just tell him, you want to forget? don't listen to your friends the whole point of making a mistake is so you learn from it not forget it! that's such an ignorant way to go about it.

Tell your boyfriend, whatever happens it's on him, and up to him and him only, least you would then have done all you could to try rectify your mistake which you oh so desperately "want to forget" :smile:

I oh so desperately want to tell him and receive forgiveness!!! I’m afraid he will think more happened and I’m hurting him !
Original post by DiddyDec
Nah, ignorance is bliss.

Do you think? I won’t ever do that again! I’ve learned a lesson!!! I just can’t eat or sleep and I’m going back Monday!
I oh so desperately want to tell him and receive forgiveness!!! I’m afraid he will think more happened and I’m hurting him !

But then everybody hurts, it's not up to you to decipher or control how much he hurts I'm afraid, if you didn't think about it when you were drunk just don't think about it now please

Just tell him and let him deal with it.
It's so simple "I was confused" like don't drink, It's all fun and games until you hurt someone whilst being drunk, if you can't behave don't get yourself in that situation. What annoyed me the most isn't that it's her saying she wants to forget it, like okay you made a mistake you don't forget shi* you rectify the hell, and be the best bloody gf you can ever be and never make the mistake again.

PRSOM

Exactly, also you don't get to choose whether someone forgives you or not - that's their decision and you have deal with the consequences of your actions.
There's nothing worse than people using alcohol as an excuse for cheating. "I wouldn't have done it, I was just so drunk" don't drink then?? If you can't control yourself whilst drinking then don't consume alcohol, it's that simple.

I was a couple of kisses, me stopping him. That’s all. I even told him I had a boyfriend! I won’t ever leave my boyfriend after this summer again!!!
I’m telling him when I go back Tuesday. Afraid he’ll think it was worse!
you sound american lol
at the end of the day,you betrayed his trust and cheated on him so he deserves to know. i hope he finds someone better.
PRSOM

Exactly, also you don't get to choose whether someone forgives you or not - that's their decision and you have deal with the consequences of your actions.

I know, I'm not saying it doesn't happen it does, I'm nowhere near perfect I've never done something like this, but, it's safe to say you make mistakes you have to learn, not forget, and not say something like you don't want to hurt him but instead apologise, because, saying Oh i didn't want to hurt you that's like well why did you, it's futile and stupid.

Own up it's the best thing to at least try and rectify.

No one's perfect we make mistakes but she has to learn, and it seems like she's struggling to understand that.
I was a couple of kisses, me stopping him. That’s all. I even told him I had a boyfriend! I won’t ever leave my boyfriend after this summer again!!!

That you did, it's his fault as much as it is yours, if not more, but, I'm sorry there is no justification, don't justify it to us, don't justify your actions full stop! you learn okay? is that so hard?

I am going to be the best gf ever!!!

Oh it was only a couple of kisses, that's okay then :rolleyes:

I would really love to see your reaction if he'd cheated on you
Yes yes yes!

Don’t play victim or try to manipulate!!!

i won’t! Thank you!

Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
you sound american lol
at the end of the day,you betrayed his trust and cheated on him so he deserves to know. i hope he finds someone better.

How do I sound American? I want to tell him and let him know that it was an awful mistake and it won’t happen again. We plan to marry in a couple of years!! I can’t lose him over something so meaningless!!!
Thank you!
Yes yes yes!

Don’t play victim or try to manipulate!!!

Ok...good advice!
Thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending