The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I know, but it’s not putting out. You can’t equivocate those things.
Even if that’s how I feel?
Original post by Jill Mead18
Even if that’s how I feel?

especially so, you dont get to feel bad and you need to accept that you did what you did, take responsibility for your actions
I’m telling him Tuesday when I get back to school. I won’t hide anything. I’m scared he’ll think it was worse, but we love each other, so hopefully he will forgive me.
Original post by Anonymous
especially so, you dont get to feel bad and you need to accept that you did what you did, take responsibility for your actions

You keep telling to do something I’ve said I was doing! I could not say anything and he would never know!
So I’m stepping up to do the right thing.
You couldn’t forgive someone you loved over this?
I’m 19 and about to head back to school for my sophomore year. I want to know if I should tell my boyfriend that I went out with an old high school friend.

I’m going to be a sophomore in college. I’m leaving to go back 800 miles next week. I met my boyfriend last fall and we fell in love pretty quickly. I lived with him a bit during the spring semester till we had to went home in March. We have talked with each other everyday and I’m sooo excited to see him!!!

My problem is that about 3 weeks ago, I went to a pool party with old high school friends and a guy I used to crush on my senior year was there. He could be a model and was prom king. He’s also a smooth operator and took a lot of interest in me. I blew him off and told him a had a boyfriend so...too bad for you! Well, he backed off and everyone was having a good time.

After a few beers, it became chicken fight time and he picked me to get on his shoulders. That was a lot of fun, but when we were through, he got me in a quiet corner and started to kiss me. We had a few beers by then and I let him for a bit.

After a minute I got my towel and got changed. He changed too and was waiting for me when I came out. We chatted for a minute and he asked if I wanted him to drive me back to my brothers apartment where I was living for the summer. I told my other friends and I left with him. We parked outside the apartment building and we chatted until he made another move. I had too many beers and I kissed him back. I stopped after a few minutes and pulled away telling him that that was too far and I needed to go in. He was good with that and walked me to the door. He tried to kiss me again, but I stopped him and reminded him i had a boyfriend.

So that’s it! I feel so awful! I wish I hadn’t done that to my boyfriend!! I love him so much!!!
My friends tell me to drop it and move on! He will never know. That sounds easy, but I can’t sleep or eat the last couple of days. When he calls, I feel like crying!! I want to just forget like my friends say, but I can’t!!
What should I do?

Ffs. Of all the things that could have happened, you didn't do too badly. People are being unnecessarily harsh on you here.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Just don't do it again.

But you should tell your boyfriend. In case he hears it from a 2nd hand source, in which case it will sound like:
- The two of you snogged drunk
- He drove off with you in his car

tadaa

It sounds like you got laid then, which is a lot worse.
That’s what I’m praying for with all my heart!
I’m 19 and about to head back to school for my sophomore year. I want to know if I should tell my boyfriend that I went out with an old high school friend.

I’m going to be a sophomore in college. I’m leaving to go back 800 miles next week. I met my boyfriend last fall and we fell in love pretty quickly. I lived with him a bit during the spring semester till we had to went home in March. We have talked with each other everyday and I’m sooo excited to see him!!!

My problem is that about 3 weeks ago, I went to a pool party with old high school friends and a guy I used to crush on my senior year was there. He could be a model and was prom king. He’s also a smooth operator and took a lot of interest in me. I blew him off and told him a had a boyfriend so...too bad for you! Well, he backed off and everyone was having a good time.

After a few beers, it became chicken fight time and he picked me to get on his shoulders. That was a lot of fun, but when we were through, he got me in a quiet corner and started to kiss me. We had a few beers by then and I let him for a bit.

After a minute I got my towel and got changed. He changed too and was waiting for me when I came out. We chatted for a minute and he asked if I wanted him to drive me back to my brothers apartment where I was living for the summer. I told my other friends and I left with him. We parked outside the apartment building and we chatted until he made another move. I had too many beers and I kissed him back. I stopped after a few minutes and pulled away telling him that that was too far and I needed to go in. He was good with that and walked me to the door. He tried to kiss me again, but I stopped him and reminded him i had a boyfriend.

So that’s it! I feel so awful! I wish I hadn’t done that to my boyfriend!! I love him so much!!!
My friends tell me to drop it and move on! He will never know. That sounds easy, but I can’t sleep or eat the last couple of days. When he calls, I feel like crying!! I want to just forget like my friends say, but I can’t!!
What should I do?

So I worked this out, but youver had loads of answers anyway, so defer to them.
The answer is a pros and cons to understand the difference of both options and then with a bit more thought deciding which outcome you can deal with.
The alcohol isnt really a defence.
Original post by NonIndigenous
Ffs. Of all the things that could have happened, you didn't do too badly. People are being unnecessarily harsh on you here.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Just don't do it again.

But you should tell your boyfriend. In case he hears it from a 2nd hand source, in which case it will sound like:
- The two of you snogged drunk
- He drove off with you in his car

tadaa

It sounds like you got laid then, which is a lot worse.

Thank you for not being mean!!!
He would never know because it was 800 miles away from school. I just can’t sleep or eat because I’m feeling so guilty! I have to tell him! Thank you again for being nice.

What should I do?

You are a mother f'ing cheat, straight up. Tell him what you did. You don't regret it, you're only scared of getting caught. If you had any self respect you wouldn't have necked on with him. Alcohol is not a ****ing excuse to act like a ****.
Original post by conorellis42
You are a mother f'ing cheat, straight up. Tell him what you did. You don't regret it, you're only scared of getting caught. If you had any self respect you wouldn't have necked on with him. Alcohol is not a ****ing excuse to act like a ****.

I’m 900 miles away! He would never know!!!!
I’m telling him out of guilt and because it’s the right thing to do!
I’m 900 miles away! He would never know!!!!
I’m telling him out of guilt and because it’s the right thing to do!

Shame on you for cheating, very disappointing. Society nowadays is ****ed and people blame alcohol for their screw ups. This is your mistake, own it.
If I didn’t, then I would be that!!!
Shame on you for cheating, very disappointing. Society nowadays is ****ed and people blame alcohol for their screw ups. This is your mistake, own it.

What the hell? I told you I was telling him! You’re being too judgmental!
What the hell? I told you I was telling him! You’re being too judgmental!

I'm from the UK, we do judge a lot and we are blunt and to the point. You're only upset because we speak about the objective reality. Especially when you ask stupid obvious questions like this instead of just doing the right thing. Instead, it seems you require validation from strangers on the internet!
Original post by khadijaaaxxxx
you sound american lol
at the end of the day,you betrayed his trust and cheated on him so he deserves to know. i hope he finds someone better.

exactly
Thank you!

alright wait you have misunderstood what I wrote the phrases in quotation marks are what YOU SHOULD NOT SAY its what you continuously kept on repeating whilst I read the forum which just excuses lady, you saying I can't sleep or eat isn't saying how sorry you are it's just you trying to make him stay so you can live out the married fantasy you have in your head
Original post by Anonymous

Spot on.
Reply 78
OP you are 100% in the wrong.
I'm from the UK, we do judge a lot and we are blunt and to the point. You're only upset because we speak about the objective reality. Especially when you ask stupid obvious questions like this instead of just doing the right thing. Instead, it seems you require validation from strangers on the internet!

Ok, a friend told me about a couple sites where I could get insight on what to do and how to go about it. When a couple of people told me to tell him, I agreed! Now I’m figuring out the best way. I don’t need to be attacked for trying to figure out the best path, do I?

Latest

Trending

Trending