The Student Room Group

is it bad i honestly don't care about my own mum

I'm 17 and I've come to the conclusion IDC about her

shes an awful human being and is racist, homophobic, islamophobic, slut shamer, sexist the whole lot and I realised when I turn 18 and I move to uni I'm never looking back

shes a Christian and thinks that everything that happens to her is due to evil spirits if she's not doing too good its someone else but not her own actions. I'm a Christian too but I'm much more liberal I love others I'm a proud ally of lgbtq+ I also think its wrong to force religion onto others just typic decent human being things.

I hate all my siblings too, all I do is study sleep and go on my phone in my room I don't interact with them at all.

she had really bad pains in her leg a couple of days ago and for some reason, i didn't care it was weird because she begging to plead and i was rolling my eyes the whole time I feel like a psychopath

uni is coming I'm hoping to study physics at uni not in London where i live because i don't like any of the universities in London and she says that no child is leaving to go uni its either go uni in the city we live in or go to work. I refuse to do so. idc im leaving anyways.

I wanted to go to work to get some money she lost my national insurance number and wont give me my bank card she just keeps idky

I also don't have a passport and have a document to live in the UK , my headteacher helped fill my passport in July 2019 and she wouldn't pay for it get done and now shes left so I don't know if I'm still able to use it eventually because its old.

she calls me rude and what not but I just ignore and literally im not allowed to have my own voice, I thought about the idea of her dying and weirdly enough I don't care

Scroll to see replies

What about your dad, do you have contact with him and could he offer you the support you're looking for?

Hopefully you'll be able to escape it and get on with your own life soon, good luck
Not bad.
But remember that life is too short to waste on hatred and negativity. :smile:
Put your own physical safety and mental health first while you are dependent upon a toxic parent/relative to provide you with accommodation and food.
Attachment not found
i dont feel as though its bad.

many people say to love your parents no matter what but honestly if they are bad human beings then why would you love someone like that??
Reply 4
Original post by Export kid
What about your dad, do you have contact with him and could he offer you the support you're looking for?

Hopefully you'll be able to escape it and get on with your own life soon, good luck

my parents divorced when i was 6 she thinks hes evil and ive never met him since then so i don't know how ill escape her tbh
Reply 5
Original post by fattyguen
i dont feel as though its bad.

many people say to love your parents no matter what but honestly if they are bad human beings then why would you love someone like that??

exactly i think I was desensitised to what she says but all she does is judge people and what is worst is that we are black and she puts down other black ethnicities, shes Somalians aren't real black people which is disgusting and stupid she lives her life based on stereotypes.
Original post by Anonymous
exactly i think I was desensitised to what she says but all she does is judge people and what is worst is that we are black and she puts down other black ethnicities, shes Somalians aren't real black people which is disgusting and stupid she lives her life based on stereotypes.

yeh i wouldnt judge anyone who doesnt like their parents, infact ive got a dad similar to your mum and my mum is just a spiteful person in general.

i feel like it should be normalised to dislike your parents
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
Not bad.
But remember that life is too short to waste on hatred and negativity. :smile:
Put your own physical safety and mental health first while you are dependent upon a toxic parent/relative to provide you with accommodation and food.
Attachment not found

thank you so much I hope to leave when I'm 18 but i don't think it'll happen because she won't sign for student finance and I don't have friends I feel comfortable to tell them about my situation ill ask her again when the time comes to go to uni but if she says no I'm going I don't care if I have 0 clothes, utensils with me
Reply 8
You can use the contact details at this link to get your NI number: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/national-insurance-numbers
You can also set up your own bank account, see this link for advice: https://www.money.co.uk/current-accounts/bank-accounts-for-teenagers.htm

That way hopefully you can get yourself a job and become independent from her as soon as you are 18, if that is what you want.

Good luck!
Reply 9
yeh i wouldnt judge anyone who doesnt like their parents, infact ive got a dad similar to your mum and my mum is just a spiteful person in general.

i feel like it should be normalised to dislike your parents

i feel bad though because their supposed to be the people you love the most but its scary seeing her pain and me having no emotion whatsoever
Reply 10
thank you so much I hope to leave when I'm 18 but i don't think it'll happen because she won't sign for student finance and I don't have friends I feel comfortable to tell them about my situation ill ask her again when the time comes to go to uni but if she says no I'm going I don't care if I have 0 clothes, utensils with me

You can still get money from student finance without her help: https://www.standalone.org.uk/guides/student-guide/

Although this does depend on quite a lot of other factors and certainly doesn't look straight forward.
(edited 3 years ago)
no your mum sounds horrible, almost as horrible as my mum
Original post by L-K
You can use the contact details at this link to get your NI number: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/national-insurance-numbers
You can also set up your own bank account, see this link for advice: https://www.money.co.uk/current-accounts/bank-accounts-for-teenagers.htm

That way hopefully you can get yourself a job and become independent from her as soon as you are 18, if that is what you want.

Good luck!

i'm planning to get a new bank card when i turn 18 and the other 2 banks she opened in my name cancelled when i leave but i need to take all my indefications before i leave when shes not there etc --> my birth certificate etc

I don't have money to pay for a new national insurance number
Original post by Hannah0505

and dad
Original post by Hannah0505

yay horrible mum squad
if shes an awful human being then no its not bad, people shouldn't have to automatically love someone just because they are related to you. my dad is a piece of **** as was his parents and I've never been shy in saying that I've always hated them.
i feel bad though because their supposed to be the people you love the most but its scary seeing her pain and me having no emotion whatsoever

i blame them icl they made their image like that and i have feelings aswell so if i feel that way because of the way the represent themselves then i wont feel like im in the wrong
Original post by goggleyed
if shes an awful human being then no its not bad, people shouldn't have to automatically love someone just because they are related to you. my dad is a piece of **** as was his parents and I've never been shy in saying that I've always hated them.

same man same
yay horrible mum squad

Ayeee
I am the same, my mum and I don’t have similar views, when I was younger I respected her and really appreciated how good she was to me. However, as I have gotten older I have realised she wasn’t as “good” as I thought because as I got older she was more expressive of her opinions around 🏳️*🌈 and racist thoughts but claimed to not be racist. U don’t need her negativity in your life, all u can do is try to educate her on what she’s going wrong and try to understand why she’s not accepting your views or believing the same as u. I think mine hit the hardest when I found out she cheated so I lost all respect for her and she claims to be religious too so it’s ironic of how immoral she is. U could ask your dad regarding the passport or maybe get a job to help support you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending