The Student Room Group

Health insurance for tier 4 visa confuses me

Hello im a student on a tier 4 visa(obviously includes health insurance.) However I'm trying to book for a covid test that comes with a certificate am I supposed to pay 150 quid with my own money or is there some way of using that "health insurance" to get a discount?
Even though you are entitled to access the NHS whilst studying on a tier-4 visa, there are things that even British nationals have to pay for. Things like copies of records, doctors' notes/letters for visas, etc often all cost something extra. In your case, even if you get the test under the NHS, you're most likely paying for the certificate itself. Unless the test you're taking is with a private clinic, in which case you're paying because it's private.
Reply 2
i don't think you have to pay as you are covered by the healthcare surcharge
www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/visiting-or-moving-to-england/visitors-who-do-not-need-pay-for-nhs-treatment/

but you can contact the customer contact centre to confirm :smile:
www.nhs.uk/contact-us/get-help-with-asking-for-a-coronavirus-test/
Reply 3
Original post by nellybelly29
Even though you are entitled to access the NHS whilst studying on a tier-4 visa, there are things that even British nationals have to pay for. Things like copies of records, doctors' notes/letters for visas, etc often all cost something extra. In your case, even if you get the test under the NHS, you're most likely paying for the certificate itself. Unless the test you're taking is with a private clinic, in which case you're paying because it's private.

okay yeah this makes sense theyre probably private thanks
Original post by bvllvh
okay yeah this makes sense theyre probably private thanks

You can always call and ask! Some things just have to be paid for. I remember I was applying for a Spanish visa and I needed a note from my doctor saying I was healthy to travel and be in Spain. Even though he was my NHS GP that I was registered with, it cost me £20 to get the letter from him. So it's worthwhile to check.
Reply 5
Original post by nellybelly29
You can always call and ask! Some things just have to be paid for. I remember I was applying for a Spanish visa and I needed a note from my doctor saying I was healthy to travel and be in Spain. Even though he was my NHS GP that I was registered with, it cost me £20 to get the letter from him. So it's worthwhile to check.

well thanks anyways but I already paid the 130 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending