The Student Room Group

How can I talk to my parents about my online friend

I am very scared to talk to my parents about many things. My online friends being one of them. How do I talk to my parents about that?

Scroll to see replies

Why do you need to talk to them about your online friend? Do they go through your phone?
Reply 2
Original post by 5hyl33n
Why do you need to talk to them about your online friend? Do they go through your phone?

I can keep it a secret but I might want to meet up with this person one day and if I want to achieve that my parents will have to know
Original post by Anonymous
I can keep it a secret but I might want to meet up with this person one day and if I want to achieve that my parents will have to know

1) Does this person also want to meet up with you?
2) How old are you and him?
3) Is he trustworthy?
(edited 3 years ago)
My mother used to go through my phone and I had a boyfriend. I had to delete half the messages between me and my boyfriend to make it seem like we were having a casual conversation.
Reply 5
I can't make it a certain thing without my parents
Reply 6
Original post by 5hyl33n
1) Does this person also want to meet up with you?
2) How old are you and him?
3) Is he trustworthy?

1) Yes
2) 16, 16
3) I would say so
How far does he live
How have you made sure he is who he says he is?
Original post by 5hyl33n
My mother used to go through my phone and I had a boyfriend. I had to delete half the messages between me and my boyfriend to make it seem like we were having a casual conversation.

same dude
You have lived a good life
I am very scared to talk to my parents about many things. My online friends being one of them. How do I talk to my parents about that?

be straight up with them. They care about you
We have taken pictures of ourselves holding up ID with our names and we have called eachother

We have taken pictures of ourselves holding up ID with our names and we have called eachother
How far does he live

in the same country about 250 miles away
If you are absolutely sure (ie. are sure you know who it is - eg. have video called) - I got around this by lying to my parents that they were a local mutual "friend" and they were willing to come down to me. On reflection there were probably ways to get around this, but this seemed like the path of least resistance at the time.

Make sure to pick a very public place and one that isn't secluded.
(edited 3 years ago)
How are you playing to meet up
Video call? Facetime?

in the same country about 250 miles away
Planning
how lucky
my aunt goes through my phone every single night 💀
We video called in a gc with his friends a couple of times(Yeah he invited me in a group chat with his friends) however he tends to not want to show his face most of the time which is understandable
We video called in a gc with his friends a couple of times(Yeah he invited me in a group chat with his friends) however he tends to not want to show his face most of the time which is understandable

Has he shown his face in a video call whilst he is talking to you or not?
Simple yes or no tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending