The Student Room Group

student finance

i’m just looking for advice as i’m unbelievably frustrated. submitted my application for student finance in early may. still is waiting to be accepted it just says “application submitted”.

i’ve rang them 5 times and i’m not joking when i say this, they have said something different every single time.

1. in early august. just wait. they are waiting to confirm your mums details.
2. in late august. i will put a referral in. will be done in 5 days max.
3. 5 days later, the last girl didn’t put the referral in. will put an urgent referral so should be done within 3 days maximum.
4. (me and my sister rang on the same day, they both told us something different). told her 24 hours maximum (which it has been).
5. told me just to wait and there’s nothing they can do.

i get this, but when i tell them that i’ve already moved down to university and really really need student finance back because i literally can’t afford to stay at uni without it, they don’t even give me any advice of what to do. i can’t get a student account because i haven’t got my finance back.

i don’t know what to do, do i contact the uni? i literally don’t know why it’s not back and it’s making me really upset because i worked hard to get in to uni and so did my sister but we can’t go without our finance. any advice would be helpful thanks.
Original post by bzkldn
i’m just looking for advice as i’m unbelievably frustrated. submitted my application for student finance in early may. still is waiting to be accepted it just says “application submitted”.

i’ve rang them 5 times and i’m not joking when i say this, they have said something different every single time.

3. 5 days later, the last girl didn’t put the referral in. will put an urgent referral so should be done within 3 days maximum.
4. (me and my sister rang on the same day, they both told us something different). told her 24 hours maximum (which it has been).

i get this, but when i tell them that i’ve already moved down to university and really really need student finance back because i literally can’t afford to stay at uni without it, they don’t even give me any advice of what to do. i can’t get a student account because i haven’t got my finance back.

i don’t know what to do, do i contact the uni? i literally don’t know why it’s not back and it’s making me really upset because i worked hard to get in to uni and so did my sister but we can’t go without our finance. any advice would be helpful thanks.

Talk to your university so that they’re aware of the problems. They might be able to help you get an answer from SFE.

instead of ringing you will get a better response by contacting SFE through DM on Facebook or Twitter. It can take a day or two for them to respond but the reps on fb/Twitter are the most experienced.
Original post by bzkldn

Hi there, sorry to hear about this. It sounds like your application may of got stuck which is why it was referred to the assessors.

I would like to resolve this for you. If you message us on Facebook/Twitter once we reopen on Monday from 9am and ask to speak to me then I will review your account and get this resolved. If you post here and tell me what time you sent the message then I will search for it. Please also include your name and CRN in your private message.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, sorry to hear about this. It sounds like your application may of got stuck which is why it was referred to the assessors.

I would like to resolve this for you. If you message us on Facebook/Twitter once we reopen on Monday from 9am and ask to speak to me then I will review your account and get this resolved. If you post here and tell me what time you sent the message then I will search for it. Please also include your name and CRN in your private message.

Thanks, Isaac

Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4

Thanks, Isaac

I was able to DM (around 9:45) from the account @bzkldin . I included all of my details. Thanks
Original post by bzkldn
I was able to DM (around 9:45) from the account @bzkldin . I included all of my details. Thanks

I'm unable to search for it but will respond as soon as possible. We are currently responding to messages from Saturday so I should hopefully see your message later today or tomorrow.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
I'm unable to search for it but will respond as soon as possible. We are currently responding to messages from Saturday so I should hopefully see your message later today or tomorrow.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac, i sent a second message yesterday about 4:15 as another advisor asked me to DM so i stated that i’d been asked to speak to you. Maybe you would find the message there (this was in twitter DM’s). Sorry about not stating that i’d sent the second message. Thanks
Original post by bzkldn
Hi Isaac, i sent a second message yesterday about 4:15 as another advisor asked me to DM so i stated that i’d been asked to speak to you. Maybe you would find the message there (this was in twitter DM’s). Sorry about not stating that i’d sent the second message. Thanks

Yes please make sure its a DM and ask to speak to me in the DM so when an advisor picks up your message they will pass it to me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending