Reply 2
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
Why do you hate him?

Hes abusive, narcissistic and controlling
Original post by Lilymae69
Hes abusive, narcissistic and controlling

Fair enough.
Could we have examples?
Are you living in the same accommodation as your father?
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
Are you living in the same accommodation as your father?

Yes sadly.
Thank god so much l never had a dad l hope he has died by now old twister
Reply 7
Original post by Rufus the red
Fair enough.
Could we have examples?

I cant say everything because it iwll be long, but he literally gaslights us everytime and makes himself appear innocent. also my parents are very religious and my mum has to obey my dad and because she defended him from screaming and abusing me for being right (which is a one of because normally shes also rude to me) and then he started shouting at her and saying shes going to hell and because my mum is religious she got sad. i wish they werent religious ot believe this bs.
Im also not allowed to have my mums decisions, my dad has to have the final say. i literally can rarely ever go for a walk and can only go for 15 minutes, while my mum has made it clear she would let me go hang out with friends, stay till night and give me freedom. im not allowed to walk to school to, we had a fight about this and he literally said so much hurtful things and screamed and shouted at me saying things like im going to hell, and that i can never go to school alone and things like that. I wish i can leave :frown:
Reply 8
Fair enough.
Could we have examples?

he also blames me for his death and health issues and also blamed for the car accident. and after i was crying because of what he did today and he shouted at me and said he didnt do anything to me
He doesn't sound like a very nice person I hope you can find help/a better situation.
Reply 10
He doesn't sound like a very nice person I hope you can find help/a better situation.

when im 18 im going to shout at him and do all what i want to do and express my feelings and say what i want to say and if he tries to hit me ill hit him then ill walk out the house and never speak to my family again. i cant do that now since im underage
Reply 11
Im sorry about what you have to go through

my dad is very controlling as well and is forcing me to do a degree that I dont want to do (accounting and finance) throughout the whole of summer he would come and shout at me as he thought my decision to do engineering instead was an "impulse" decision and then act like nothing happened the next day
so im telling him im doing accounting and then applying for what I want, without him knowing
he will kill me when he finds out but I will hopefully be moving out by then

It has been hell living with him so I can imagine what you're going through. Just remember its temporary and you will be able to leave them eventually and have your own life free of them. good luck with everything!!
Reply 12
Original post by m.s124

my dad is very controlling as well and is forcing me to do a degree that I dont want to do (accounting and finance) throughout the whole of summer he would come and shout at me as he thought my decision to do engineering instead was an "impulse" decision and then act like nothing happened the next day
so im telling him im doing accounting and then applying for what I want, without him knowing

It has been hell living with him so I can imagine what you're going through. Just remember its temporary and you will be able to leave them eventually and have your own life free of them. good luck with everything!!

Thank you so much but the thing is i feel like im wasting my teen years. i just want to live like others but he does all this
Original post by m.s124

You do that. I'd do that if my father tried to force me to do something I didn't want to do and it quite obviously isn't an impulse decision no one in their right mind wouldn't think long and hard about their degree.
Yes sadly.

I understand how difficult life is growing up with parents who are toxic, violent or have unbalanced personalities.
I escaped from my parents seven years ago before a level results were out and will probably never speak to them again.
Reply 15
I understand how difficult life is growing up with parents who are toxic, violent or have unbalanced personalities.
I escaped from my parents seven years ago before a level results were out and will probably never speak to them again.

im planning on doing the same thing you did, theres a few problems with that plan tho so its probably not gonna happen but i really hope it does
im planning on doing the same thing you did, theres a few problems with that plan tho so its probably not gonna happen but i really hope it does

Never lose hope. :smile:
You will escape, have your freedom and the life of an independent adult.
Reply 17
Never lose hope. :smile:
You will escape, have your freedom and the life of an independent adult.

thank you so much!
Do you having any coping mechanisms to deal with your dad + do you have siblings, do they feel the same way you do?
Reply 19
Original post by PeachyMilk
Do you having any coping mechanisms to deal with your dad + do you have siblings, do they feel the same way you do?

No i dont have any coping mechanisms. my siblings are so brainwashed i doubt their feelings is their own

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending