The Student Room Group

How to ghost someone in a polite manner

I have been texting with this girl in a friendly manner for a while but it seems like she is catching feelings. How can I disappear without being seeing rude?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe say you’re taking a break from social media or something
Reply 2
Original post by summerberry19
Maybe say you’re taking a break from social media or something

Yesterday I said I was very busy with my studies and stuff. She said that we was going to give me space but then we ended up snapping for 2 hours today after she snapped me. I tried to end the convo but she carried it on anyway.
take a break
Reply 4
Original post by tinygirl96
take a break

I told her so but she keeps texting me anyway. I can just ignore the texts but it does not seem like a nice thing to do.
Original post by Anonymous
Yesterday I said I was very busy with my studies and stuff. She said that we was going to give me space but then we ended up snapping for 2 hours today after she snapped me. I tried to end the convo but she carried it on anyway.

I’m really sorry - I have no experience with this kinda stuff :chicken:
Maybe think about more abrupt ways to end the convo. Say you’re going to leave, and leave immediately rather than waiting for a response? I’m really sorry if this seems nonsensical or rude.
Reply 6
Original post by summerberry19
I’m really sorry - I have no experience with this kinda stuff :chicken:
Maybe think about more abrupt ways to end the convo. Say you’re going to leave, and leave immediately rather than waiting for a response? I’m really sorry if this seems nonsensical or rude.

f fine, dw. Thanks for the suggestion.
I have been texting with this girl in a friendly manner for a while but it seems like she is catching feelings. How can I disappear without being seeing rude?

Air out replies, let them sit for a bit slowly taking longer to respond in the hopes they figure it out without ever having to reach a blunt edge.
Reply 8
Original post by mnot
Air out replies, let them sit for a bit slowly taking longer to respond in the hopes they figure it out without ever having to reach a blunt edge.

Nice idea. I will try. Thank you.

Honestly, please don't ghost her. It is a really crappy thing to do. Just be honest with her and say something like "I just wanted to clear something up before it goes any further, you're a friend and it seems like you may be catching feelings. I wanted to say something before it got awkward or weird. I'd like to still keep chatting to you."
Original post by DrawTheLine
Honestly, please don't ghost her. It is a really crappy thing to do. Just be honest with her and say something like "I just wanted to clear something up before it goes any further, you're a friend and it seems like you may be catching feelings. I wanted to say something before it got awkward or weird. I'd like to still keep chatting to you."

Thanks, although in all honesty I do not thing I would even like to be friends her. So, I may just try to air out replies without blunt ghosting as suggested. I think that may be just too awkward to say.
Just start chatting more with other people, guys and girls.
Then send her short replies, gradually reducing both the amount of daily time you spend chatting to her and the number of messages you send each day. Make it clear that you have friendzoned her and she will move on if that is not what she is looking for.
Original post by londonmyst
Just start chatting more with other people, guys and girls.
Then send her short replies, gradually reducing both the amount of daily time you spend chatting to her and the number of messages you send each day. Make it clear that you have friendzoned her and she will move on if that is not what she is looking for.

Fair enough. I think that may be a good idea. Thanks.
why dont you just tell her instead of wasting each others time?
ghosting is a very immature thing to do
Man, how could you think about ghosting her? Never mind, just gradually put less efforts in your replies or just tell her that you’re not feeling it. At least, let her down gently
Thanks, although in all honesty I do not thing I would even like to be friends her. So, I may just try to air out replies without blunt ghosting as suggested. I think that may be just too awkward to say.

If you were chatting to someone you thought you were friendly with and they just suddenly starting airing you, would you like it? Please just be honest with her and say that you want to stop talking as you think she's catching feelings and you're not wanting to develop a relationship or a friendship.

I do have to ask - if you don't even want to be friends with her, why are you even talking to her at all?
Original post by DrawTheLine
I do have to ask - if you don't even want to be friends with her, why are you even talking to her at all?

I wanted to be friends in fact but I changed my mind now that I think she may like me, I fell it is too awkward.
Don’t open their texts because most social media platforms let you see if you’ve seen the text or not,if the person calls don’t hang up let it ring until it stops,if he/she asks you why you’ve not been responding just say you didn’t see the text or you were busy.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
ghost her. block her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending