The Student Room Group

Getting sick constantly after moving in with boyfriend, what do I do?

I've been living with my boyfriend and his parents for the past 2 months. I am 19 and my health has always been absolutely perfect, I haven't even had a cold for almost a decade. However, for the last month or more, I've constantly been getting ill. I've had one cold after the other with only a few days in between each one, so far I've had about 4. Each time I am congested and have swollen tonsils and lymph nodes, 1-2 times I think I had a UTI, and this time I have conjunctivitis. It is so incredibly painful. Moving my eye or even blinking makes it feel like I've been punched in the eye.
I can't inforce any extra hygiene practices since I am a guest here. I can't even see a GP because I can't register since I need proof of address and I don't actually live here, only temporarily. What do I do?
Is it actually colds you’re getting or are you allergic to something?
Original post by Anonymous
I've been living with my boyfriend and his parents for the past 2 months. I am 19 and my health has always been absolutely perfect, I haven't even had a cold for almost a decade. However, for the last month or more, I've constantly been getting ill. I've had one cold after the other with only a few days in between each one, so far I've had about 4. Each time I am congested and have swollen tonsils and lymph nodes, 1-2 times I think I had a UTI, and this time I have conjunctivitis. It is so incredibly painful. Moving my eye or even blinking makes it feel like I've been punched in the eye.
I can't inforce any extra hygiene practices since I am a guest here. I can't even see a GP because I can't register since I need proof of address and I don't actually live here, only temporarily. What do I do?

Can be allergic reaction, caused by anything; pets, chemicals in furniture or in paint, dish soap...
You mention 'hygiene practices' - is there something you're not happy about?
Can you move somewhere for a couple of weeks to see if it makes a difference?
Reply 3
Original post by GabiAbi84
Is it actually colds you’re getting or are you allergic to something?

Definitely colds or flus or something. It always seems to be linked to getting some sort of infection
Have more foods high in vitamin c and ensure you continue taking vitamin d daily (if you don't already add it into your daily routine).

Quick Reply

Latest