The Student Room Group

gay for one person?

you probably might think it's a stupid question, but can you be gay just for one person? I've been attracted to the opposite sex my whole life, only had experiences with them and was comfortable labelling myself as straight and out of no where, I fell in love with someone of the same sex and i'm in a relationship with them now . I'm attracted to them physically and emotionally , but I have never felt that way for anyone else of the same sex (not even slightly) and probably never will again. It's just very confusing for me
Original post by Anonymous
you probably might think it's a stupid question, but can you be gay just for one person? I've been attracted to the opposite sex my whole life, only had experiences with them and was comfortable labelling myself as straight and out of no where, I fell in love with someone of the same sex and i'm in a relationship with them now . I'm attracted to them physically and emotionally , but I have never felt that way for anyone else of the same sex (not even slightly) and probably never will again. It's just very confusing for me

It's not a stupid question at all. It's totally plausible and acceptable for that to happen. That probably means on some level you are bisexual, because you like that person of the same sex, but still can like the opposite sex. Being bi doesnt mean you have to be 50/50 on liking guys and girls. I just sounds like for you it's more like 99.999% the opposite sex and that individual person for the same sex. But being gay for him is also an acceptable way to refer to yourself if that's what feels most comfortable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending