The Student Room Group

Applying to University

I’ve got good GCSEs I think, 9,8,7,7,7,7,6,6,5,3. And I’m looking to apply to uni but I messed up an exam so my predictions are now only ABE, would I be okay to apply to the likes of an ABB corse or am I being stupid in thinking that
Reply 1
Original post by Ollie.c2002
I’ve got good GCSEs I think, 9,8,7,7,7,7,6,6,5,3. And I’m looking to apply to uni but I messed up an exam so my predictions are now only ABE, would I be okay to apply to the likes of an ABB corse or am I being stupid in thinking that

Hi! I would recommend that you wait until you raise up that E grade to meet the requirement, if you are not urgent to apply now due to the application deadline is coming up.
Reply 2

is there any chance you could get your teacher to raise the E to a C?
Reply 3
Original post by tttmmm
is there any chance you could get your teacher to raise the E to a C?

I’m doing a test Monday and he said he will give me what ever I get in that, but I’m just worried I’ll mess it up again
Reply 4
I’m doing a test Monday and he said he will give me what ever I get in that, but I’m just worried I’ll mess it up again

Well obviously try do your absolute best in this test but even if it does go badly, apply to some lower grade unis and you should be fine. ABD= BBC so even if they just move it up one grade you can definitely get into some decent unis.

Worst come to worst you can always take a gap year and apply next year! With everything happening in the world loads of people are doing it anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending