The Student Room Group

could anyone explain what does this conditional offer require?

I submitted my application with A* in maths, and predicted grades in other subjects, today I received the conditional offer from Edinburgh uni, they require AA with A in chemistry. I wonder is that means I should get A*AA in order to get the offer with AA in the other 2 subjects except maths? or I only have to get A in chem now as I already have A* in maths which meet the requirement of 2A?
below is the photo of the conditions written in ucas.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Hedwigeeeee
I submitted my application with A* in maths, and predicted grades in other subjects, today I received the conditional offer from Edinburgh uni, they require AA with A in chemistry. I wonder is that means I should get A*AA in order to get the offer with AA in the other 2 subjects except maths? or I only have to get A in chem now as I already have A* in maths which meet the requirement of 2A?

I believe they have taken into acount your achieved Maths grade so they are now looking for AA in two other subjects including Chem. I would give them a call to double check though.

Check the offer letter to make sure that there's no other caveats.
As it stands with the wording they've used then you would only need the A in chemistry to meet the offer....however this might be an error from Edinburgh (and where universities have made a mistake the UCAS rules let them get away with all sorts of bad behaviour as long as they notify you) so if it isn't clarified in the offer letter then get in touch with them and ask them to confirm in writing that the A* maths you have already achieved can count towards your offer conditions.

It seems pretty obvious, you need to get 2As in one sitting, one of which must be Chemistry. So your Maths A* doesn't count, because it hasn't been taken in the same sitting.

Yes you need 2 A's in your remaining A-levels, & one must be chemistry so you cant pick it up a new A-level to sub in.
Students who do maths in year 12 followed by further in year 13 quite often get these offers.
thank u guys, I emailed the uni to confirm, I think it should be 2a in the other subjects.:groovy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending