The Student Room Group

SFE advice on masters interruption

Not sure if anyone from SFE is on this thread.
I am doing masters with the SFE postgrad loan. My Uni has offered chance to interrupt (MH reasons) now after Sem 1 already finished and return sept this year , so I would be doing both Sem 1 & Sem 2 next year.
I understand that my next instalments of the loan to my bank acct would be stopped (already had one) , together with the Uni stopping fee direct debits.
However, what happens next year? Do I have to apply for SFE funding again ?
I don’t understand the qualifying equation and ‘gift year. If I am on a one year postgrad that is 1+1 but then minus previous study? Obviously I have done a 3 year undergrad in the past . So that leaves me minus 1 ???
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Carex
Not sure if anyone from SFE is on this thread.
I am doing masters with the SFE postgrad loan. My Uni has offered chance to interrupt (MH reasons) now after Sem 1 already finished and return sept this year , so I would be doing both Sem 1 & Sem 2 next year.
I understand that my next instalments of the loan to my bank acct would be stopped (already had one) , together with the Uni stopping fee direct debits.
However, what happens next year? Do I have to apply for SFE funding again ?
I don’t understand the qualifying equation and ‘gift year. If I am on a one year postgrad that is 1+1 but then minus previous study? Obviously I have done a 3 year undergrad in the past . So that leaves me minus 1 ???

Hi, if you are temporarily suspending your studies then you just need to ask the university to contact us to suspend the application. This will pause all future funding instalments. When you decide to return, then you just ask the university to contact us to let us know and the suspension will be removed and any funding remaining will be paid(You don't need to re apply).

The previous study calculation is for undergraduate applicants not postgraduate.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending