The Student Room Group

My ucas predicted grades are BCC, where van I apply?

I have really bad ucas predicted grades at the moment (BCC) but I know I can do better if I do well in my March school exams.

Do you think it's too ambitious to apply for course that requires ABB or AAB. I really wanna go to bristol uni to study physiologal sciences. But I wanna know if I am being too ambitious.

Similarly, do you think I should apply for a course that requires BBB?

Let's say hypothetically I do really well, Bristol rejects me cos of my terrible predicted grades. Are my only options clearing and taking a gap year if that's where I wanna go?
Original post by muhammad0112
I have really bad ucas predicted grades at the moment (BCC) but I know I can do better if I do well in my March school exams.

Do you think it's too ambitious to apply for course that requires ABB or AAB. I really wanna go to bristol uni to study physiologal sciences. But I wanna know if I am being too ambitious.

Similarly, do you think I should apply for a course that requires BBB?

Let's say hypothetically I do really well, Bristol rejects me cos of my terrible predicted grades. Are my only options clearing and taking a gap year if that's where I wanna go?

Probably to be completely honest with you. However, have you checked to see if you are able to get a contextual offer? i.e. some universities like leeds and york have access programs (I am sure there are many more). Have you talked to your school about changing them? I am sure it is in their best interest to give you a higher grade, if you are certain you are able to do better in the real exam.
This is not really bad.

At this stage, everyone is getting **** grades all thanks to this pandemic.

You should contact the uni you are applying to indivdually before 29th Jan ASAP.

Apply for course with grades like you have and grades as BBB for your safest bet.

In regards to going to Bristol, there is always going to be Clearing.
Do not let anyone stop you from doing this as there will be people who will not want you to go through Clearing. Start applying for Clearing in July time.

In regards to exams, Gavin Williamson has set out his plan oon the alternative arrnagements.
Do not worry so much, work hard in your mocks.

There is always the option and you will like oothers and myself will get the option to sit External Assessed Exams in Autumn time like last years cohort did. The only disadvantage to this is that you would have to apply via UCAS again next year. Howevsr the advantages are:a) you wouldnt have to worry about exams, exams,exams. B) You can outweigh your teacher assessed grades , should you feel you have been awarded unfairly.

Hope it helps x

Subject?
L

Original post by McGinger
Subject?

Are you asking that to me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending