The Student Room Group

Are u closer with your mums or dads side of the family? Why?

By family, i mean grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc.

For me, mothers 100%. I stg my dads side are so shady w me

Scroll to see replies

Mums- Idk I just see them a lot more
Neither, I barely see any of them because they all live abroad. Living the lonely life you know.
But for some reason with my dads side it's a lot more formal so I'd probably say mum's too.
Not particularly close to either but definitely more close to my mum's. My dad's side of the family are super-annoying :colonhash:
Original post by AnxiousNobody
But for some reason with my dads side it's a lot more formal so I'd probably say mum's too.

So true! i have an uncle who i swear i've only had like 2 conversations with :rofl:
My conversations with any of them would be about my education/career otherwise i'm just there to sit and look pretty for em
Kind of the same tbh, although I get along better with those on my da's side
Mum's defo. Not to be blunt, but Dads' sides are always filled with 🐍 hehe :biggrin:
Reply 7
I am very close with both.
Acc it depends

My dads side cousins are closer with me
My mums side grandparent is closer with me
My mums side uncle is closer but dads aunt is closer

is a pick and mix
All my family live abroad but I am still way closer with my mums side than my dads side. My dads side r rlly shady too and boring to be around
Original post by starrystudy
Mum's defo. Not to be blunt, but Dads' sides are always filled with 🐍 hehe :biggrin:

deffo filled with snakes, theres always drama :rolleyes:

Original post by LovelyMrFox
I am very close with both.

Lucky you! :wink:

Original post by Wannabevetnurse
Acc it depends

My dads side cousins are closer with me
My mums side grandparent is closer with me
My mums side uncle is closer but dads aunt is closer

is a pick and mix

Never heard of a mix, its usually one or the other but that is good to hear!
Dads side cousins- used to be close with during childhood but they all grew up to be awkward beings :colone:
Mum's family, I only have an aunt and uncle in my Dads family. But I know a lot of my Mums family don't like me and I only speak to one cousin. When it comes to my Grandparents, I was closer to my Dad's Mum before she died, but I get on with my Mum's parents, but they clearly favour my other cousins
Mums side is so religious I hate it so much and dads side is just worse filled with nasty snakey begs acting like they are prestige.
Mum's side. I've not rlly spent anytime with anyone on my dad's side. Mostly because they were far away so I didn't get to speak to them
Neither.
My uncle died a few years ago, he was my father's last surviving close relative.
I avoid my parents and religious fanatic maternal grandmother like the plague.
Closer with my best friend's parents.
I tend to see my mum's side slightly more and know them quite a bit better since they live in the UK but I'm not particularly close to both. I live with my mum's mum though so I count her as immediate family.
dad's side. my mom has 5 siblings (about 20 years apart from oldest to youngest) and she's the youngest so everyone on that side is much older than me and it's uncomfortable. that side of the family also lives about 6hrs away instead of 4hrs.
Well, I don't even know who my dad is or any of his family:frown:...
My mum has 7 siblings which leads to 11 cousins in total. I'm not really close to most of them cuz of the age gap (I'm the youngest) and some lives in different countries. Tbh I have always dreaded family gatherings cuz I'm basically invisible to most of them. So I guess the only person I'm close to was my grandparents since I lived with them for my whole life. Sadly both of them passed away.
Mum side 100% less drama :cookie:
To be honest I get on well with my dad's side of the family more than my mom's side.
I don't get on that much well with my mom's side because of feeling anxious a lot.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending