The Student Room Group

UNI

I just applied to uni last week and already got a response from what would have been my first choice - however, I cannot accept until I've heard back from all 5 choices. Is it worth it to withdraw my application to the other 4 to accept early?
Firstly, congrats on your offer! :smile:
Secondly, is your offer unconditional? Because if it's conditional then you certainly need an insurance/second choice so you do need to hear back from others as well. But regardless, is there a benefit of accepting early? They're surely not taking the offer away from you, and by waiting for the rest of the unis you can at least see how well you did in your application with those, out of curiosity at least.
Reply 2
Hi, congratulations! I maybe wouldn’t withdraw until you’ve heard from at least one other uni to make sure you have an insurance offer just incase something happens. Waiting a bit longer won’t don’t anything you’ll always have that offer and you might have a change of heart you never know.
Original post by MeanieMo_O
I just applied to uni last week and already got a response from what would have been my first choice - however, I cannot accept until I've heard back from all 5 choices. Is it worth it to withdraw my application to the other 4 to accept early?

There is zero benefit to accepting an offer early. The only thing that happens when you accept early is you LOSE your ability to change your mind.

Wait until April.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending