The Student Room Group

PN1 Form (EU Migrant Worker)

Hello SFE,

On question c2 of the Residence history section, there are only two information text boxes for addresses. My residence history consists of three addresses however. Would it be okay for me to type/write my third address on the blank space of that page?.

I noticed there is a page for Additional Notes at the end of the document, but I would prefer to write the address on the same page as the other two, so that it is more visible for the person checking the document, but I wanted to make sure it wouldn’t affect the validity of the document.

On the other hand, I applied for the EU Student Tuition Fee Loan last September right before my course started (course 2020-2021) and I am using the PN1 form now to apply only for the Maintenance Loan (Migrant worker but same course, 2020-2021).
Would the Customer Reference Number be the same one I used for my other loan?.

Thank you very much for your help.
Original post by Seritha
Hello SFE,

On question c2 of the Residence history section, there are only two information text boxes for addresses. My residence history consists of three addresses however. Would it be okay for me to type/write my third address on the blank space of that page?.

I noticed there is a page for Additional Notes at the end of the document, but I would prefer to write the address on the same page as the other two, so that it is more visible for the person checking the document, but I wanted to make sure it wouldn’t affect the validity of the document.

On the other hand, I applied for the EU Student Tuition Fee Loan last September right before my course started (course 2020-2021) and I am using the PN1 form now to apply only for the Maintenance Loan (Migrant worker but same course, 2020-2021).
Would the Customer Reference Number be the same one I used for my other loan?.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi Seritha,

Yes, you can add this onto the page if you are able to fit this in, if not you can add this onto the additional notes section of the application at the end of the form. This will also be read and taken into account when our assessors are reviewing the application and inputting it onto the system.

Yes, you would use the same Customer Reference Number.

Thanks, Amy
Reply 2
Original post by Amy SFE
Hi Seritha,

Yes, you can add this onto the page if you are able to fit this in, if not you can add this onto the additional notes section of the application at the end of the form. This will also be read and taken into account when our assessors are reviewing the application and inputting it onto the system.

Yes, you would use the same Customer Reference Number.

Thanks, Amy

Hello, Amy

Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Seritha
Hello, Amy

Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards

You're welcome 😊
Reply 4
Original post by Amy SFE
You're welcome 😊

Hello, Amy!
I hope you are well.

I sent the PN1 form requesting the EU Migrant Worker Maintenance Loan, I didn’t tick the box for the Tuition Fee Loan because that had already been approved to me as an EU Student. I did state in the form that I already had another SLC loan (referring to that one) and used the same Customer Reference Number from my EU Student application.

But now I am worried that I should have ticked the Tuition Fee Loan box too, and that my EU Migrant Worker Maintenance Loan application could have affected my previously approved EU Student Tuition Fee Loan, because the payment to the university for the third term which is supposed to be made by 5th of May now appears as ‘Blocked’.

I read online that this could be because they are checking my NINO (I didn’t have one when I made the EU Student application) do you reckon that this would be the reason it is blocked?.

Will I also be able to apply online for my second year as a continuing full-time student for the Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan at the same time, despite having sent separate forms for the first year?.

Thank you again for your help.
Original post by Seritha
Hello, Amy!
I hope you are well.

I sent the PN1 form requesting the EU Migrant Worker Maintenance Loan, I didn’t tick the box for the Tuition Fee Loan because that had already been approved to me as an EU Student. I did state in the form that I already had another SLC loan (referring to that one) and used the same Customer Reference Number from my EU Student application.

But now I am worried that I should have ticked the Tuition Fee Loan box too, and that my EU Migrant Worker Maintenance Loan application could have affected my previously approved EU Student Tuition Fee Loan, because the payment to the university for the third term which is supposed to be made by 5th of May now appears as ‘Blocked’.

I read online that this could be because they are checking my NINO (I didn’t have one when I made the EU Student application) do you reckon that this would be the reason it is blocked?.

Will I also be able to apply online for my second year as a continuing full-time student for the Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan at the same time, despite having sent separate forms for the first year?.

Thank you again for your help.

Hi there, if you are accepted as a Migrant Worker - your EU application will be deleted and any tuition fee will be refunded back to the EU department. You must make sure to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan when applying as a Migrant Worker.
You can't receive funding from both the SFE and EU departments at the same time.

You will be able to apply online as a Migrant Worker in your second year if you were approved in your first year.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, if you are accepted as a Migrant Worker - your EU application will be deleted and any tuition fee will be refunded back to the EU department. You must make sure to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan when applying as a Migrant Worker.
You can't receive funding from both the SFE and EU departments at the same time.

You will be able to apply online as a Migrant Worker in your second year if you were approved in your first year.
Thanks, Isaac

Hello, Isaac.

I will make sure to apply for both the Tuition and Maintenance loans as a Migrant Worker for my second year.

However, will my first year tuition fee funding remain unaffected even though I made the mistake not to request the Tuition Fee Loan when I sent the second PN1 form requesting the Maintenance Loan?. That is the doubt that I still have.

Thank you for very much for your help.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Seritha
Hello, Isaac.

I will make sure to apply for both the Tuition and Maintenance loans as a Migrant Worker for my second year.

However, will my first year funding remain unaffected even though I made the mistake not to request the Tuition Fee Loan when I sent the second PN1 form requesting the Maintenance Loan?. That is the doubt that I still have.

I don’t want to lose my Tuition Fee Loan and I just thought I didn’t have to request it again since the payments had already been made to the university for the first and second term and the third was scheduled as well. Is there a way for me to notify that I also want to receive the Tuition Fee Loan in case this was misunderstood?.

Or did you mean the funds are refunded to the EU department so that the Migrant worker department makes the payment of the tuition fee to the university in their place?.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Seritha
Hello, Isaac.

However, will my first year tuition fee funding remain unaffected even though I made the mistake not to request the Tuition Fee Loan when I sent the second PN1 form requesting the Maintenance Loan?. That is the doubt that I still have.

If you didn't tick to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan then the university will most likely contact you to ask why the tuition fee has been cancelled/returned. The Migrant Worker team should contact you and ask you to complete a Tuition Fee Loan request form so you can apply for it.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 9
Original post by SFE Isaac
If you didn't tick to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan then the university will most likely contact you to ask why the tuition fee has been cancelled/returned. The Migrant Worker team should contact you and ask you to complete a Tuition Fee Loan request form so you can apply for it.
Thanks, Isaac

In this case I should send the exact same form, with the exact same evidence but this time only tick the Tuition Fee Loan or should I tick both?.

Thank you
Original post by Seritha
In this case I should send the exact same form, with the exact same evidence but this time only tick the Tuition Fee Loan or should I tick both?.

Thank you

For the 20/21 academic year you can upload this form http://ow.ly/d/8nhG in your online account.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending