The Student Room Group

Overthinking my virginity

I had sex for the first time on Wednesday but it was via the pull out method (very stupid). I didn’t bleed at the time, but Thursday I started bleeding but just thought it was my period (it was 6 days early and lighter than usual) but is it because I lost my virginity? I took the emergency contraceptive pill yesterday for precum just incase, so it was under 48 hours but I still think I might be pregnant, I don’t know how to stop overthinking because it’s the only thing I can think about. How can I stop? Reassurance?
Original post by Anonymous
I had sex for the first time on Wednesday but it was via the pull out method (very stupid). I didn’t bleed at the time, but Thursday I started bleeding but just thought it was my period (it was 6 days early and lighter than usual) but is it because I lost my virginity? I took the emergency contraceptive pill yesterday for precum just incase, so it was under 48 hours but I still think I might be pregnant, I don’t know how to stop overthinking because it’s the only thing I can think about. How can I stop? Reassurance?

If you're pregnant you don't bleed. You should wait at least a week after you missed your period and do a pregnancy test.
It's very possible that the bleeding is a result of losing your virginity - although I wouldn't write off any bleeding as indicative of no pregnancy, because that is often not the case. However, the chances of you being pregnant are very low if you used a contraceptive method (which the pull-out method is, albeit not the most effective) and took the morning after pill. Try not to think about it and if you're still worried in a couple of weeks then do a test just for peace of mind!
Why are we literally in the same situation? The exact same thing happened to me on the exact same day. And I'm really trying not to panic but its hard not to, I took the pill as well and bled the next day but the leaflet says its a side effect of the pill so hopefully we'll be okay? What I'm more worried about is STIs, are you gonna go get checked just in case?

Quick Reply

Latest