The Student Room Group

Conditional offers but I already know my results

I got conditional offers from 3 universities, for two of which I was close but din't meet the requirements they asked for, and for one I did meet the requirements.
The universities should have received my results at the start of this year because I got them in February so I am confused as to why I got conditionals rather than just being accepted or rejected.
Does anyone have any ideas of why this is or what I can do?
Reply 1
Original post by Watsion
I got conditional offers from 3 universities, for two of which I was close but din't meet the requirements they asked for, and for one I did meet the requirements.
The universities should have received my results at the start of this year because I got them in February so I am confused as to why I got conditionals rather than just being accepted or rejected.

They probably think you can improve your results so they gave you a conditional offer. Which means that if you get the requirements they want at the end of year you are automatically accepted. However if you don’t get those grades at the end of the year you are rejected. Although they can offer flexibility sometimes.
Original post by Watsion

Maybe you need to send them a copy of your certificates? I would give Admissions a call and explain that you already have your grades
Reply 3
Original post by harrysbar
Maybe you need to send them a copy of your certificates? I would give Admissions a call and explain that you already have your grades

The thing is that I have already sent them copies
You can send a free copy through your school before a certain date, which I did. Then I also sent a copy to the unis by email and just in case I also payed to get them sent through the IB. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by adina262
They probably think you can improve your results so they gave you a conditional offer. Which means that if you get the requirements they want at the end of year you are automatically accepted. However if you don’t get those grades at the end of the year you are rejected. Although they can offer flexibility sometimes.

But I can't improve my results because I already finished school at the end of last year and got my results at the start of this year (I did IB not A levels)
Original post by Watsion
The thing is that I have already sent them copies
You can send a free copy through your school before a certain date, which I did. Then I also sent a copy to the unis by email and just in case I also payed to get them sent through the IB. :frown:

Just contact them to advise you applied with achieved grades. It may just be an error, they should be able to verify your grades via the IB portal.
It should say what the conditions are when you view the offers on ucas, i had some conditionals but when i looked it said stuff like conditional on sending in proof of grades and passing dbs / occupational health checks.

If it says it's for grades and you already have them then i don't know, i think you'd be best ringing admissions in that case and checking it's all correct.
Reply 7
Original post by Kogomogo
It should say what the conditions are when you view the offers on ucas, i had some conditionals but when i looked it said stuff like conditional on sending in proof of grades and passing dbs / occupational health checks.

If it says it's for grades and you already have them then i don't know, i think you'd be best ringing admissions in that case and checking it's all correct.

It'a for grades and I have the grades for one uni and Im off by a few points for the two others but I know that sometimes they are flexible
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Watsion
It'a for grades and I have the grades for one uni and Im off by a few points for the two others but I know that sometimes they are flexible

If you already have your grades then i'd suggest contacting the unis. Unless you're planning on doing any resits etc your grades won't change and there's no reason to give you a conditional offer.
Reply 9
Original post by Kogomogo
If you already have your grades then i'd suggest contacting the unis. Unless you're planning on doing any resits etc your grades won't change and there's no reason to give you a conditional offer.

Exactly! Thank you, Im planning on emailing them today!
Reply 10
Original post by Watsion

UPDATE: I sent emails to all three universities in the end asking for re assessments of my application and for clarification of the offers.
I didn't get any email responses (I sent the emails yesterday) but my offers from two of the unis had already changed by the next day (today)!
Still waiting on the last uni but Im happy with the options that I have.
If this happens to anyone else I recommend either phoning or emailing the unis after making sure that they definitely have your marks.
Thank you everyone for the help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending